New Lee Press?

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

New Lee Press?

Post by daboone »

Just discovered this on Cast Boolits. See this link: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthr ... w-press!!!

This is the link the poster mentioned in this thread. https://gundistrict.com/group/LEE_Reloa ... _Equipment
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: New Lee Press?

Post by Fyodor »

I also saw it on FaceBook. Looks like this is not a final design, no LEE marking, no red paint, but looks promising to be a unified base for turret and progressive presses. One thing I never liked on the pro1000 was that it's based on the old value turret press instead of the classic turret. Maybe they get rid of both old designs and replace it with a common base? I'd appreciate that. Also that the spent primers now are ejected through the ram.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Same here, my thoughts are that is a replacement for the Value Turret which might lead to a four-hole 1000.
Michael
cj8281
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by cj8281 »

It looks to be the replacement for the value press. I followed the link on Lee's website to take a look at the Value Turret and that is what they now show.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

I never really liked the old model of the value press, mainly for the spent primer disposal. This looks to me to be a perfect little turret press for a reloader that does mostly pistol calibers and has a single stage for rifle loading. It will be a bit quicker than the Classic Turret due to the shorter ram travel and with the new primer disposal what's not to like? I will assume this press will also do rifle up to the 223 size case as I believe the old model did. I did use the original model 20 some odd years ago to load 45 colt and it did that just fine. This one is a better mouse trap to my eye..
barracudadave67

Post by barracudadave67 »

I have been looking at that, and am tempted to buy one. It looks like a nice press. But I think I will wait a while till it goes on sale, and has some reviews some where.
Titan has it at a good price, I think $83.00, but I have to pay sales tax from them, and shipping, so I tend to buy more expensive equiptment at other places.

Dave
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Hmmmm. Will pass for now. I did some small additions to my turret to deal with the spent primer problem and it works well enough for me. A shorter handle would reduce length of stroke and I don't deprime/size on this press so no need for leverage the longer handle provides. I have toyed with the idea of cutting off the roller handle and threading the rod for a ball or even a "T" handle.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Macd wrote:Hmmmm. Will pass for now. I did some small additions to my turret to deal with the spent primer problem and it works well enough for me. A shorter handle would reduce length of stroke and I don't deprime/size on this press so no need for leverage the longer handle provides. I have toyed with the idea of cutting off the roller handle and threading the rod for a ball or even a "T" handle.

I'd be willing to bet you can find someone on here that would be willing to trade you a handle with a ball for the roller handle you have. From most of what I've read you're going the wrong way.... :lol:
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

LarryW received this information from Lee:

The Auto Breech Lock Pro 4000 is expected to be released in the late spring of this year. We are not allowing pre-orders but I will add your contact information to our inquiry list and you will be emailed as soon as it's available.

The press is customizable to be as progressive or non-progressive as you like, so different accessories are not included but can be added, which is why the press is a little lower in price than other progressive presses.
Michael

Return to “Turret”