Converting 3 hole press

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
lestuder3
My Press Choice: Turret

Converting 3 hole press

Post by lestuder3 »

I recently purchased a used 3 hole turret press that I would like to upgrade to an auto indexing press. I contacted Lee and I was informed that the upgrade kit is no longer available. Can someone tell me what parts I need to upgrade my press to an auto indexing press. Thanks in advance for any info provided.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Converting 3 hole press

Post by Ranch Dog »

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, the parts are no longer available as the turret presses have changed over the years. I think there are a couple of topics about it, they might be listed below. Lee has this on their website.

"Looking for service parts for your red base 4 HOLE VALUE TURRET PRESS or VALUE TURRET PRESS KIT? We have exhausted our supply of parts for these models pictured. You may take advantage of our Lee Lifetime Guarantee, upgrade to the new style Value Turret Press for 1/2 the current retail price. Fill out a return form here to take advantage of this offer."

I've seen the part kits come up on eBay, but they always sell for way more than a press does. To continue is very much a dead end of sorts as things like the ram, rachet, and jam nut are out of production.
Michael
lestuder3

Post by lestuder3 »

Thanks for the info. I'm not out anything as I paid $30.00 for the press, a set of .45 Long Colt dies and an auto disk pro powder measure. I have a 4 hole turret press already, so I'm good. I'll probably just sell the 3 hole press and keep the dies and powder measure.
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

Welcome aboard from the State of Jefferson. So I guess that you are going to reload 45 LC. Anything else in the armory?
+corn
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
lestuder3

Post by lestuder3 »

Thank you and yes, .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 special and .40 S&W. I see a .357 mag in my future as well. I will also be re-loading .45 ACP for my son in the near future.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I know that you said you have the current turret (nice wordplay). All those could be loaded on the three-hole, even seating the bullet with a crimp.
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by Macd »

Ranch Dog wrote:I know that you said you have the current turret (nice wordplay). All those could be loaded on the three-hole, even seating the bullet with a crimp.
Welcome

+1
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I stumbled across a 3 hole ......I think it was a 3 hole index rod if you'd like to have it .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....

Return to “Turret”