new lock ring bushing thingys from lee

All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: new lock ring bushing thingys from lee

Post by GasGuzzler »

Sizing is A LOT more stressful on the APP than any of the other operations.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Well, Lee responded as expected (unlike Lyman).

Lee is sending a new upper casting, a new lock ring, and a new o-ring for the lock ring. They are charging zero and did not (yet) ask for anything in return. Of note they recommended using case lube when sizing on the APP and asked that I tighten the lock ring to press with the provided wrench. I did not do this initially because the wrench doesn't fit a die with a OEM hex nut installed so I guess the hex nut is not needed when using a lock ring adapter.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by klr »

GasGuzzler wrote:Well, Lee responded as expected (unlike Lyman).

Lee is sending a new upper casting, a new lock ring, and a new o-ring for the lock ring. They are charging zero and did not (yet) ask for anything in return. Of note they recommended using case lube when sizing on the APP and asked that I tighten the lock ring to press with the provided wrench. I did not do this initially because the wrench doesn't fit a die with a OEM hex nut installed so I guess the hex nut is not needed when using a lock ring adapter.
Well, that's good they are sending you parts. Hopefully it will take care of your problem, but.... I lubed my cases and tightened the lock ring with the provided wrench and it still came loose.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

I don't have any regular breech lock bushings, only the eliminator one that came with the APP itself, so I don't use lock rings with it. I think I will buy a couple more of the lock ring eliminator "thingys" though. :D
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

GasGuzzler wrote: Lee is sending a new upper casting, a new lock ring, and a new o-ring for the lock ring.
What a contrast. :x :x

Andy at Lee just responded to me and told me " to put a 1/2" wrench on your die body, and give it all ya got."

Return to “Turret”