All 3 and 4–hole turret presses.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Classic Turret Press

Post by klr »

My Classic Turret press arrived today.

After my experience with a crappy, sloppy Lee Reloader C Press I was expecting the Classic Turret to need some tweaks to make it usable, but I have to say that I'm really impressed. It's smooth and looks to be well-built and strong. I'm looking forward to getting it mounted and working.

I wish I would have bought one of these years ago.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Classic Turret Press

Post by GasGuzzler »

I like mine
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I love mine, as much as I love my hound dog. Sorry Laurel!
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

I mounted it, lubed it, and then loaded a couple of 30-30. Nice. +guns

One question: Can I convert it to a three station?
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

You need a three-twist rod. Maybe there is an aftermarket rod or a Lee conversion?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Royce

Post by Royce »

Indeed, I found the Classic Turret press to be a better tool for big bore revolver rounds like 44 Special and 45 Colt. I have several Lee 1000 presses which work good for smaller pistol rounds like 38 Special and 45 ACP.

I recently bought a second Classic Turret so I can keep one set up for 44 Special and one for 45 Colt. I actually have had the first one for a couple years but never tried it until a couple months ago. Highly recommended!

klr wrote:My Classic Turret press arrived today.

After my experience with a crappy, sloppy Lee Reloader C Press I was expecting the Classic Turret to need some tweaks to make it usable, but I have to say that I'm really impressed. It's smooth and looks to be well-built and strong. I'm looking forward to getting it mounted and working.

I wish I would have bought one of these years ago.
2 X Lee Classic Turret Presses, 3 X Lee 1000 Presses, 1 X Lee Reloader Press, 1X Lee Six Pack Pro, 1X Ultimate Turret
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

I load all my handgun rounds on the turret press. I usually deprime on the single stage. 9mm is one exception as I go through a lot. I back off the sizing die or remove it completely. Rifle are all on the single as I like to measure every powder charge.
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

I think I'm really fortunate that I started reloading pre-web. I didn't have any contact with those folks that bad mouth Lee products. My first real bench press was a Challenger. Sloppy? I didn't think so but I didn't have anything to compare it with. I made thousands of handloads with it and every one fired and some were extremely accurate. I got my Lee turret, but I had learned to ignore the Lee bashing and got an excellent press that is still in good shape, maybe 25-30 years later. The only reason why I don't still use it is because a few years ago I got a good tax return and Brownell's had a sale on Forster Co-Ax presses, so I got one and retired my turret. My Lee Challenger and my Lee turret "advanced" my reloading quality and quantity exponentially. ;) ...
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

I started pre internet too with a second-hand RCBS Rockchucker. It's solid, strong, and smooth. My son has a Challenger press. Like yours, it's fine and has made some good ammo. I'm not a Lee basher either, and in fact I enjoy tweaking/tuning stuff and have got a lot of good out of their products.

BUT :shock:

My Reloader press does a disservice to Lee's name and really gives a bad impression of their stuff. It must have at least 1/8" of slop in the ram at the top of the stroke. The casting parting line on top was so bad that dies wouldn't seat flat until I filed the top. (It must have been made on a Friday before a 3-day weekend or on a Tuesday morning after one. :lol: ) So I wasn't bashing Lee, but explaining why I didn't even consider getting another Lee press after this one. Hopefully new Reloader presses are much better.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Is the Reloader the one I got for $15 shipped?

Return to “Turret”