Primer Transfer Spacer for Lee Reloader

All “C” and “O” type Lee presses.
Psychoknight
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Primer Transfer Spacer for Lee Reloader

Post by Psychoknight »

On eBay, its called Primer Director for the little Lee press, 3d printed part sold by CAltick Chris Altick for $3.99 https://www.ebay.com/itm/Improved-Prime ... Sw~K9bJfQT

Available beginning 6/18/2018, and you will be able to choose between black or red, just specify the color in the paypal notes when paying.

I'm liking it a lot. Fits and works perfectly. There's less than a mm clearance between the ram and spacer, so primers can't get jammed between ram and frame. The proper fit also causes all primer crude to actually deposit into the slot rather than outside the press. I use a white bedsheet-rag under this press, because I load in my study/bedroom, and there's basically no primer compound debris to be seen after 200 rounds of decapping.

Even the backside of the spacer is contoured correctly to maintain the angle of drop of the falling primer.
If not for the availability of this Primer Director, I would not have bothered buying this press. Too many negative reviews of spent primer problems and tight finger space.
My other presses are a LnL and Ammomaster 2, but this tiny Reloader press is perfect for decapping, ram-priming, and bullet pulling with a mini bearing puller. If you are going to use this as a full function press, I suggest spending the extra $23 and get the breech lock Challenger instead. If you stay in the hobby, you will be pulling the handle on a press 5,000 to 50,000 times - what's $23 extra for a tool you will use more than any other in your home?

This next picture is off-topic, but I wanted to show how well this little press works with a plate-type bullet puller, for those times when you don't want to go hammering and when collet pullets don't have a good grip.
$21.50 https://www.apexinds.com/tools/TE2-1121.html
Last edited by Psychoknight on 22 Jun 2018 08:10, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Primer Transfer Spacer for Lee Reloader

Post by Ranch Dog »

I used Lee's little "C" press for decapping but passed it on. Had the 3D part been available at the time, it might have still been on the bench. I'm surprised it survives in the Lee lineup. Like you mention, not much price difference between the "O" frame.

Welcome to the forum.
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

I like the "bullet puller"!

When the screws are changed to quick lock levers, this might actually be a relatively fast and convenient tool.

I need to check if something like that is available in Germany...
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I had one of those presses for a while as an oops fixer. I got it cheap and resold it cheap.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

There's a similar design for a spent primer spacer on Thingiverse.

Psychoknight

Post by Psychoknight »

buckeye43210 wrote:There's a similar design for a spent primer spacer on Thingiverse.

I don't like that its attached by double sided tape.

The one on eBay that I bought is a snap on model, and I can adjust its height, or slide it all the way up or remove it completely when I invert the press and empty the press of primers.

My question is, why can't Lee have designed and included an obviously needed spacer. Every single person who comments on this press has the problem of primers shooting everywhere, primer debris getting everywhere, and primers jamming the ram. Its a horrible design without this spent primer guide.
larryw

Post by larryw »

Sweet, gotta get one of those.
One small mod to that little press that helps a bunch
involves the mounting of the press.
Put approx, 3/4" spacers under the bolt holes to
raise the press up off the mounting board, then
scrounge, or fashion a small little "catch" box
that slides under the press, just remove box as
needed to empty. Works great, Thanks Dan.
Have to give credit where credit is due, Daboone
came up with this idea, & it's a good one.
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
mikld
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

I have a MAC slide hammer that came with the "gear puller" in the lower pic. Not sure of the name but I used mine often to loosen hard to remove gears and pulleys from a shaft. I think It would work quite well as pictured for pulling bullet, but I might use a power screwdriver to run the nuts down...
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

Psychoknight wrote: I don't like that its attached by double sided tape.

The one on eBay that I bought is a snap on model, and I can adjust its height, or slide it all the way up or remove it completely when I invert the press and empty the press of primers.
I remixed fralic76's design to add snap-on clips to the side. My upgraded version is on Thingiverse/3022868.

As I don't currently own one of these presses, could someone please provide me with the diameter of the frame lips this clips onto along with the distance between the lips...

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Single Stage”