Automator

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Automator

Post by Ranch Dog »

Vacation, family, and ranch have kept me away from the reloading room but went in there at 6 am this morning to see what and where I left things. Started on the Automator as I have less than a box of 50 cartridges remaining for my Rossi 351 38 Spl that I carry for self defense.

I finished setting up the Auto Disk; I've been using it as the .95 cc disk cavity delivers my desired charge of H4227. Then went on to the Bullet Seating Die as I needed to adjust it to seat and crimp in the single pass. On a trial run, I realized that my big fat fingers and the small frame of the Pro-1000 are just not going to work. Quickly hooked up a bullet feeder, the wrong Feeder Die size, just to see what the setup looked like. It is going to work so I ordered the right setup along with a Multi-Tube Feeder so that I can keep the height shorter than a single tube. I also order two of the Titan Tube Harnesses for the bullet tubes.

I have experienced some case feeding issues with the 38 Spl. The case rim is too large for the Small Tubes but with the large setup there is a bit of play as the case drops out and I've experienced some upset of the case. I think I have adjusted most of that out, hopefully, I'm good, but I'm also toying with a real fix. A 3D printed 38 Spl Slider would be the best fix.
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Awesome, putting the printer into good use already.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:Awesome, putting the printer into good use already.
No, no, I meant that to be a good source for the fix. Don't have the printer, seller canceled the order. Said he could not ship to Texas.
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by akuser47 »

Aghhh that's a bummer , don't give up on it lots of printers out there I think you'd make great use of one don't let it stop you. You have to much technological know how to not try one. Keep us posted if and when you get one. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Here is my fix. I Gorilla glued a piece of plastic onto the top of the slide. The plastic extends over the opening of the slide the width of the rim. The piece used is a plastic tray divider from some accessory storage bins I bought.

The Automator itself is up and running well; it is only waiting on the correct bullet feeder to be 100%.

Michael
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

Ranch Dog wrote: I'm good, but I'm also toying with a real fix. A 3D printed 38 Spl Slider would be the best fix.
Something like this Loadmaster shell slider?

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeap, something like that.
Michael

Return to “Progressive”