Is Lee building new progressive?

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Is Lee building new progressive?

Post by Fyodor »

I've mailed then and asked what the changes where, so they sent me the catalog free (even overseas).

The 2018 version is not downloadable yet. Also the new instructions are not available for download yet, even if they already sell the new version. Titan has them in .38spl/.357mag and 9mm.

I actually think about getting one to compare, and maybe sell my red ones and upgrade to the new version with all three presses, if I like the features.

They also turned the carrier a few degrees for better ergonomics.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

With their new catalog in hand, I don't think that they have anything new other than the new base and using their roller handle. In fact, to me, it looks like they have pulled from the past as the base isn't much different than my Automator.

Durn sure not knocking their product as the press has needed to get on the spent primer center drop for a while. I doubt that any of the "clockworks", the carriers, have changed. The value turret has the same new low profile steel base as well.
Ranch Dog wrote:I'm surprised the Auto Drum isn't mounted on it.
The catalog notes that three of the setups come with the Auto Disk
  • 32 S&W Long/32 H&R Mag
  • 380 Auto
  • 223 Rem
I get the 223 but wonder why the others especially the 380 :?:
Michael
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

There are a few modifications to the old design, that now also apply to the value turret press:

- slightly rotated for easier access
- through-the-ram disposal of spent primers
- wooden roller handle (previous design was foam grip roller handle)
- positive indexing (from the pictures I guess it's a pin protruding through the shellplate)

I'll be ordering one shortly, and will report back on the actual changes.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

So has anyone received their "new" Pro 1000? The changes mentioned above are definite positive improvements from the original models. Also, if the "value" model has had the same changes done what is the difference between the two now? I've owned a couple Pro 1000's in the past and two of the issues I had with them may not have been addressed and that was the priming system was, ummm, questionable, and the chute for the bullet eject was to small for anything larger than a 38spl. Perhaps the priming part will be enhanced by the more "positive" indexing (?). Interesting none the less. Might be interested in one for doing 9mm as I have no issue with seating and crimping with one die especially a round with a taper crimp. Will be waiting for an "in depth" review from a new owner. (come on RD or Fyodor). +corn
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Horseman wrote:(come on RD or Fyodor). +corn
I need to wait into the new year because of financial constraints. I needed to accept an offer for a rifle that couldn't wait... I always wanted a Colt Lightning in .44-40, and today I'll pick one up. But that expense wasn't planned.

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Horseman wrote:Will be waiting for an "in depth" review from a new owner. (come on RD or Fyodor). +corn
It would be a long wait for me as I have no plans to add anything in that I have four Load-Masters, the Automator, a Classic Turret, and the Challenger Breech Lock. I'm also making a base for my Load-All to fit on the Bench Plate as I need to start loading 12 Gauge #4 buckshot.
Michael

Return to “Progressive”