Progressive Lighting

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Progressive Lighting

Post by Ranch Dog »

It seems that progressive operators are always adding lights and I'm waiting for my latest purchase to arrive. I had come in from hunting a couple of mornings ago and went straight to my Load-Master. I was wearing a Powercap, these are baseball caps with the LEDs in the brim, and needed more lighting on to see the powder in the case and instinctively touched the bill to turn the lights on. One of the :idea: moments, literally! I think I will just stop chasing the "light" and use my cap or the LED lights that slide on the bill of a cap. Everywhere I look, my view is flooded with light.
Michael
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter

Re: Progressive Lighting

Post by Fyodor »

Great idea! Never thought of that before... I still have some camping headlights lying around somewhere.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Fyodor wrote:Great idea! Never thought of that before... I still have some camping headlights lying around somewhere.

I think as black powder burner you need to get an old coal miners carbide lamps. :lol:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Here is the Powercap my sister gave me, I believe it retails for $20. If a person is standing in front of you, they could not tell that the cap has lights. Very cool design in many colors, you can remove the batteries and wash it. If I go out somewhere at night, it is always on my head. Never know when you will need a light.

I've been using these lights while hunting for several years now, my small town hardware store sells them for $5. Never thought about using them on a cap for reloading but it would be better than any fixed light.

Michael
mikld
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by mikld »

I'm not a "hat guy" but I was thinking about mounting one of those "cap lights" on my Co-Ax. Just need some more figgerin' on where/how to mount one. I think I need to see what I'm doin' a bit better...

Getting old sucks. My optometrist says I'm gonna need some cataracts removed soon... :cry:
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

mikld wrote:Getting old sucks.
Dying young sucks even more.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Fyodor wrote:
mikld wrote:Getting old sucks.
Dying young sucks even more.
Truer words have not been spoken. Although dying hard sucks more than either.

I received my LED Clip Light in yesterday. It is going to be a good light. I clipped it on the explosion shield.

The light was $12 shipped. You can buy them from various locations in Asia but I'm not doing that any more simply because of the shipping time and returns. I bought a rifle scope, it took six weeks to get it and it failed and the shipping to return it was more than I paid for it. I will run the light on a rechargeable battery pack rather than the four AAs.
Michael

Return to “Progressive”