APP Slider aka LEGO?

The Automatic Processing Press for case bulge busting, decapping, resizing, and swagging plus bullet sizing.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

APP Slider aka LEGO?

Post by Ranch Dog »

I took apart the assembled case slider change out the large fingers for the small. I've will admit that it took me at least 12 hours to get it back together. Now I did not grow up with LEGO and I've always been able to navigate the Lee instructions, but not this time. The photos are poor and the use of similar part numbers without reference to what cartridge they might serve makes the choice time-consuming. I got to the point that I went to the Lee web site and ordered another complete assembly (free). This part is worth the $8 shipping. I will leave one large and one small fingered and snap the appropriately sized sliders on the assemble.

Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: APP Slider aka LEGO?

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I haven't gone there yet but having one of each sounds like a really good idea.

Stay well, be safe and make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Please tell me you only have to change those things if you're sizing bullets.......not cases. :(
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

horseman wrote:Please tell me you only have to change those things if you're sizing bullets.......not cases. :(
There are two sets of feed fingers; you will only use the Small fingers for bullets 25 caliber or smaller. This morning, I went to Lee's website and downloaded different instructions than were shipped with my press. The images have better detail, as does the text. My instructions imply that the small fingers will also be needed for small cases; the current instructions do not mention changing the fingers with cases at all. Maybe I have misread my instructions, but what I would recommend is to go to Lee and get another Case Inserter Assembly. I will have one set up as small and the other large.

The various risers attach to the assembly, and that is easy enough.

With the current instructions, I see where my older Multi-Tube Feeder is not tall enough to support bottleneck cartridges with the APP sliders. The single-tube feeder that came with the APP worked fine with the 303 British cases (2.222"), and that is what I will stay with while processing the longer rifle cases. The pistol cartridge works great with the older Multi-Tube Feeders. The newer feeder also introduces a third tube, smaller than the others.

The press is a busy little beaver changing back and forth through the functions. Had this been around ten years ago, I would have probably would have ended up with one for each purpose, and I'm sure some will get there if they are processing a lot of cartridges. I had done a lot of work outside but decided to work on another cartridge before I called it a day. Nothing for that cartridge had been set up, from the decapping die (I'm using the new caliber-specific rods), through the sliders. After about 15 minutes, I just said screw it. I will eventually get there, but I have a bunch of different cartridges (30).
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

I have the older multi tube on the Loadmaster press and it seems to work fine with both the 45acp and 9mm although the 9mm cases do rock around a bit but they feed fine. I installed the new universal case feeder on the APP press but again have only run 9mm and 45acp cases through to deprime them. To do that you have to turn the tube mechanism around and use the little "plug" for the larger opening, but you probably know how that works. I did see a video on depriming 308 and I thought they were using a multi tube arrangement but I could be mistaken there. I'll have to try that with some 223 and 308.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm using the old Multi-Tube feeder with my 7.62x39 without issue.

The Lee Case Collator is not worth a hoot with rifle brass, but it doesn't pretend to me. The American Accurate Collator is worth purchasing, but of course, I cannot find any in stock.

Michael

Return to “APP”