Securing Case Feeder

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Securing Case Feeder

Post by Ranch Dog »

One problem I've had over the years with the case feeder is trying to secure it into position with two, supplied, standard ¼-20 nuts holding it in place, one above and one below, the carrier mount location. They always work loose with the slight motion the press produces. Like all the other things about my Load-Master, I figure it is time to solve these simple stuff after nineteen years, or more, of use.

I've always thought that using a stop nut for the upper nut, would end the madness of readjusting the feeder every time it is removed and with its security, it would allow the lower nut to be properly tensioned for security. It does.

Lazy, just lazy, I could have stopped all the movement years ago. I put a stop nut on all seven case feeders yesterday to include the one on the Automator (related to the Pro 1000). Now I can pull the feeder for a cartridge change without readjusting the feeder. The standard nut above the carrier mount never remains in position.

To keep from cross threading the stop nut, you need to run it on to the threads base toward the feeder first about an inch so it was cut the nylon and then you can reverse it so the flat side is against the carrier mount.

Oh, the best way to adjust the feeder for the correct height. Why a popsicle stick on top of the case of course!
Michael
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Securing Case Feeder

Post by farmerjim »

Great idea, I have some in a Harbor Freight kit. I will put them on my 2 case feeders.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Great idea! I have the same problem on my pro1000s.

Just ordered some on eBay.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Should work great on the P1K. Nutted the AutoMator today and it is good.

Also figured out the Multi Tube Adapter spacing with the load using my Load-Master toolkit which is a #2 pencil and popsicle sticks. Five sticks together in the channel of the press's tool head is perfect spacing. It worked on all four of the presses. Notice the single stick on top of the 7.62x39 case to establish verticle spacing.

In the left foreground, the AutoMator joined the others. It was fitted with the Auto Drum like all the others. My Auto Disks and Auto Disks Pros are now a thing of the past.

The Multi Tube Bullet Feeder is off the AutoMator and my 45 Auto press on the far right is apart for maintenance.

This has been a good week. We have had three groups of guest over 7 days. Not a lot of time to shoot or reload, but the week did give me some time every day in my room to get things done that have needed doing for a long time.
Michael

Return to “Progressive”