Primer Light for LoadMaster

The Pro 1000, 4000, and the Six-Pack Pro presses. We also include the "Legacy" progressive presses; the Load-Master, Auto Breech Lock Pro
EdgeOfEden
My Press Choice: Progressive

Primer Light for LoadMaster

Post by EdgeOfEden »

Some time ago I installed a primer light for station 3. I really like it. I very seldom have a missing primer, but when I do, this let's me know right away. In fact, it's actually a little brighter than shown in the picture. It's also more effective with water tumbled clean brass. I can actually use it with tumbled .223/5.56 brass if I want to prime on press. Again, my primer works very well.

I ran my wiring up through the ram. I'm funny about drilling into my reloading equipment. :lol:

One caveat: The light tends to wash out, if you are running LED lighting on your press or you try to use it directly under bright florescence. You don't have to run in the dark, you just have to be careful with the lighting.
LoadMaster with Primer Light.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Primer Light for LoadMaster

Post by akuser47 »

It's smart to put in safety measures just in case. I'm still a single stage user so I hand check mine as its slow going anyway.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
EdgeOfEden
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Primer Light for LoadMaster

Post by EdgeOfEden »

:lol: Well, yes it is kinda of a safety measure. I just like it because it keeps powder from going everywhere. It used to be when I saw powder on the shell plate and then in the receiving bin, I knew I was missing a primer--Ugh! Time to clean up the press.

Return to “Progressive”