Hornady bullet feeding die??

Decapping, Rifle Charging, Universal Case Expanding Die, and other utility dies.
Shooterrick2020
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Hornady bullet feeding die??

Post by Shooterrick2020 »

I was curious if anyone is using this Hornady bullet feeding die and they're Lee Progressive press. If so what are your impressions?
If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Hornady bullet feeding die??

Post by horseman »

I have one with the Bully adapter that allows for the lee 4 tube conversion to be used in conjunction. They (the bullet feeder) can be "difficult" to get properly adjusted for reliable feeding, at least for the 9mm which is what I was using it for. ALSO, using it with the Bully adapter it doesn't fit on the LM press. Hit's the powder measure as the adapter is quite large. I probably have 50 bucks or so into the whole setup and it all resides as of now on top on my gun safe gathering dust. It was kinda cool in the beginning (when it worked) but I found I'm just as quick setting the bullet on the case and more precise in doing so. Hence the "dust" gathering. Perhaps others have had better experiences with theirs.
RCWarjet

Post by RCWarjet »

horseman, I'll take the bully adapter off your hands if not going to use it.
Damin69

Post by Damin69 »

I have been using the Hornady BF Die 9mm with my Lee Classic Turret. I love it. It works great. I have the Hornady alum bullet feed tubes I made my self a little jig out of a piece of oak for loading up the tubes that I have a little stand I stick them in. I will be using it when my Lee Load Master Progressive come in this week. The Hornady BF Die has been super reliable I feel it has been well worth the money spent on it.

I do all my case prep prior to loading so when I load my cases have already been sized and primed. So I will probably have station 1 open Station 2 for powder drop station 3 Hornady BF Die station 4 for seating and 5 for Factory Crimp.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Damin69 wrote:I have been using the Hornady BF Die 9mm with my Lee Classic Turret. I love it. It works great. I have the Hornady alum bullet feed tubes I made my self a little jig out of a piece of oak for loading up the tubes that I have a little stand I stick them in. I will be using it when my Lee Load Master Progressive come in this week. The Hornady BF Die has been super reliable I feel it has been well worth the money spent on it.

I do all my case prep prior to loading so when I load my cases have already been sized and primed. So I will probably have station 1 open Station 2 for powder drop station 3 Hornady BF Die station 4 for seating and 5 for Factory Crimp.

Station two on the Loadmaster is the priming station, DO NOT set the powder measure at station two. Ah, I see your'e pre-priming your cases. I guess removing the priming apparatus it should work o.k. I need to read more carefully. :oops:

Return to “Utility”