Whats your way of using dippers ?

All black, red, and yellow Powder Measure Kits.
jloader
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Whats your way of using dippers ?

Post by jloader »

I use the dippers for loading 38SP with Hi-Skor X700 powder.
This powder has large flakes that measure poorly in the auto tools.
I transfer a few ounces of powder to a smaller container and use the dipper and trickler to load my electronic scale and then to tray of cases.
A time-consuming but very relaxing activity.
Method of dipping: scoop in one motion, opening first, then light tap from side.
After doing a few hundreds of them, just looking at the powder in the scoop, I can predict how many turns of trickler are needed to the perfect weight.
Ahhhh...
Actually my wife likes when I use this method as I do that at the kitchen table and will have some light conversation with her while doing my dosageing.... - is that even a word?
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

jloader wrote:A time-consuming but very relaxing activity.
Amen to that. To much time is spent trying to go FAST in this world we live in. Reloading/handloading is one of the finest way to find out what your "zen" place is. I it is isn't then like so many parts of life like sitting at the "kitchen table and will have some light conversation " with those you love is wasted on doing what isn't important. Of course hitting what you aim at is FUN too.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

GasGuzzler wrote:What about the black ones? I think mine are black.
I suspect they're in in³ also. Maybe just a different generation than the red ones?

As far as I know the yellow ones have been the first in cm³, and they definitely are the recent generation of dippers.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

daboone wrote:
jloader wrote:A time-consuming but very relaxing activity.
Amen to that. To much time is spent trying to go FAST in this world we live in. Reloading/handloading is one of the finest way to find out what your "zen" place is.

I like fast... 8-) Just added another 120hp to my Dodge cummins. That ought to scare the "locals" a bit, a 70 year old dufus runnin' around in a 430hp pickup....need a bigger clutch. Then maybe a bigger turbo and some injectors.... :D OOOGH,OOOGH,OOOGH, more power....my zen place is and always has been, in the saddle, on a fine horse going anywhere. Reloading is just a hobby.
greg_r

Post by greg_r »

I have cut the bottom off an empty bottle of Unique. I fill it almost to the brim. I take my filler and push it into the powder and let the powder flow into the dipper. A couple of light taps, then I drop the powder onto my scale and trickle up. It is surprising how consistent dippers are once you find your technique.
nanuk-O-dah-Nort
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by nanuk-O-dah-Nort »

does anyone know what the numbers on the metal ones refer to?

I have a 14

my guess is it is in 100ths of a cubic inch

Return to “"Dippers"”