Happy Thanksgiving!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Happy Thanksgiving members! Hard to believe how quick the year rolls around! Many thanks to everyone who makes this an enjoyable place to visit so that we can learn and converse!
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by GasGuzzler »

Hope you have a great day too.
Thanks
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

I just found out most of my family will be at my place today. I am thankful that I can have a house full of family and the biggest problems will be which grandkids get to sit next to me and who gets the drumsticks and pull the wishbone. Freaking out a little about getting the food prepped, house cleaning and the dog washed, so it's time to get busy.

Happy Thanksgiving Reloaders.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:I just found out most of my family will be at my place today. I am thankful that I can have a house full of family and the biggest problems will be which grandkids get to sit next to me and who gets the drumsticks and pull the wishbone. Freaking out a little about getting the food prepped, house cleaning and the dog washed, so it's time to get busy.

Happy Thanksgiving Reloaders.
Dude, good to hear that family will be with you. Don't freak out about the cleaning, those grandkids won't care if the dog is washed or not. Just remember to wear pants!
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

I have a theory about the house cleaning . If you came to see me it's good enough if you came to see the house you better have your check book too .

Just Ms the 4 girls (2 grands I'm raising , cat and dog) and myself this yr .

It's been a little solemn of late ,I battle the holiday blues and the dread of the next funeral notice . Funerals are great for us though we tend to get a lot of of family together for them .

In light of that this yr instead of giving thanks for the good stuff I've decided that I should be giving thanks for the tribulations .
If not for the hardships ,heart break and outright failures the good stuff wouldn't look anywhere near as good .
So here's to the lost friends and family that gave me the perpetual holiday blues ,you mostly left on your terms and you brought all the families together .
Here's to the X wives you showed me how to spot an abuser , put me back together and fixed the worst of the blues .
Here's to the stubborn Ms thats been hit by a truck , run over with a horse carriage and twice cow stomped , just because I'm pretty sure that taught her the patience to put up with my blues .
Out of all of that has come the want to live , the living the best we can with what we have , our giving when the purse is all but empty . For that I'm truly thankful .

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

Well said RB. All of us likely share with at least some of your sentiments, I surely do.
Thanks!
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

Since we moved away from family (a good thing???) my wife and I usually go to church for Thanksgiving. This year Granny and I are just practicing K.I.S.S. Wife bought a pre-cooked turkey and stuffing and we are just gonna enjoy each other's company, and thank God for everything...

Happy Turkey Day fellers, and God Bless...

Mike
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Wishing all my American cousins a great Thanksgiving. We had ours up here on October 9th.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Happy thanksgiving
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!

Return to “Topic Bucket”