Ruger Customer Service

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Ruger Customer Service

Post by orerancher »

Anyone ever had reason to send Anything back to Ruger?
How'd They Treat Ya?

The Screw, holding the Ejector Rod Housing on My BH .41mag sheared off Yesterday... :cry:
So, Guess I'll find out...
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Ruger Customer Service

Post by RBHarter »

I emailed about a couple of parts for a P series and they seemed very good .
They didn't offer to make the repair but gave P&A and shipping in under 20 hr .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Jeff H »

I have.
Parts, about nine years ago - needed NM BH trigger on two occasions and NM SBH hammer. Twenty questions, the SN of the gun, hesitation, etc. Some minor hoops to jump through. Didn't have a NM SBH, wanted the hammer for a new Flat Top 44 Special. Gave them the SN of a friend's SBH with his permission. On another occasion, I was away from home and explained I didn't have the SN handy. Minor hassle but got th eparts and hey weren't an arm and a leg.

Couple years ago - one of the first NM Flat Top 44 Specials purchased in '09 shot two tiny groups every time. Two shots and three shots, each group very high, but one two inches left and the other two inches right. Front of cylinder was always splashed with lead. I sent them a letter (e-mail) explaining how I'd fought the gun for five years and had concluded it wasn't me and ASKED for their help. They sent me a label and within hours of them receiving the gun, the called wanting an FFL so they could send a complete new gun. New gun shoots much better but still shoots high. E-mailed about that and never heard back.

About the same time, I had inquired NICELY about getting help with the single most miserable gun I've ever bought - a 357/77 with a sled-runner plastic stock. Won't relive that whole year of frustrating gun use, but I never heard back again.

About a year ago, Ruger called me and asked if they could help with the 77/357, at which point I explained that I found a buyer who didn't care if it shot five or six-inch groups at 50 yards - he wanted it because it had been discontinued and gave me what I paid for it.

I was informed that the "new lady" in CS was going through all the ignored e-mails from the last CS lady and trying to set things right with people who'd been ignored. I thought that was pretty commendable that Ruger would have someone pick through probably thousands of old e-mails to match up with whether they'd been answered appropriately.

Overall, I think Ruger's CS has been very good. Other manufacturers? Not so much, but then I've only dealt with Taurus/Rossi and they wanted me to send the whole rifle in so they could see if I was lying about the brass bead on the front sight being mounted way off to one side on the post. I removed the bead, soldered in a brass insert and made it into more of a patridge sight. Many years ago, I sent them a beautiful little 4" 32 Mag revolver with chambers that were so over-sized that new 32 S&W factory ammo cases split on the first shot. It was returned with a target saying they'd fixed the front sight??
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

I've only dealt with Ruger CS twice. Both times were fine. First was a 44 Mag 3 screw Super Blackhawk I wanted to have the transfer bar installation done. Called them, they sent me a prepaid box, sent it in and a couple weeks later it was returned and with the old parts in the box. EXCEPT they also installed a OEM cyl. pin and kept the Base Mtn. pin along with the after market springs I had installed. So, be aware if you have aftermarket "stuff" installed in you gun they will probably convert it back to OEM parts, so remove before. Second was with a new Red Hawk 4.2inch in 45 Colt when they first came out. Gun didn't shoot very well with cast bullets at all. Upon measuring the gun I found the cyl throats were small (.449-.450ish) and the barrel had thread "choke" and a couple other tight spots in the barrel. I reamed the cyls. to .4525 and firelapped the bore. Also put a lighter spring in (it only has one). I still could not find a load that shot very well in it. Well, one did pretty good and that was 13gr. of BD under a 260gr. Lee RNFP. but nothing else. Did a little more checking and found the cyl and bore didn't line up. Called Ruger, they sent me a box prepaid, sent the gun in (removed the aftermarket spring this time) and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally called and was told the gun was still being repaired and they were waiting on a new cylinder as they HAD NONE IN STOCK ???. (Maybe they didn't like the .4525 cylinder throats??) Anyhoo, finally received the gun back with a list of "repairs". They had replaced everything EXCEPT the frame and hammer. New trigger group, new barrel, new cyl. Why not a new gun (?). So, I reinstalled the spring, reamed the cyl throats (same issue as before) and fire lapped the bore. Good shooter, probably my favorite. It may sound like I'm raggin' on Ruger but I'm not. I think that was actually very good service.
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter

Post by orerancher »

Thanks for the Replies!
Called Ruger and sent it off Yesterday....Had a heck of a Time getting UPS to even take the Package.....
Rhyno7x
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Rhyno7x »

When I put ambi grips on my SR1911, one of the grip screws snapped. Was a little frustrated since I really didn't think I got them very tight. The broken screw came out pretty easily, but I needed another to replace it. I contacted Ruger. Not only did they send me FOUR new screws, they ALSO sent me the inserts at no charge! I know a few inserts and screws didn't hurt their pocketbook by any means, but I was thoroughly impressed with their service. There's a reason I'm a big Ruger fan. It says a lot about somebody who will stand behind their product, even when the situation was inevitably operator error.
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter

Post by orerancher »

16 Days There and Back, Good as New!
Ruger Customer Service is Alright in My Book! +guns

Return to “Topic Bucket”