Mid-Term Exam

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
jloader
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Mid-Term Exam

Post by jloader »

daboone wrote:In the mean time thank you all for partially supporting this old ornery grump.
You are welcome dbboone.
Sad part is that not only will there be no one to "support" my social security, on top of that I will be paying for their tuition (whoever the government chooses to pay for - I presume that would be the BLMs, illegals, sorry "undocumented citizens", and biological bombs (undocumented children that have been placed in our schools without any medical screening - about 70,000 of them and counting)).
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

Fyodor wrote:Just for my overseas understanding: Is the 75$/month a realistic number in the US?
For a medicare premium for 2 healthy adults, $75/mo ea. is OK by me.
There are plans with $0 premiums but has high deductibles or you can get plans $100 + which have cheaper copays and some free procedures.
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Fyodor wrote:Just for my overseas understanding: Is the 75$/month a realistic number in the US?
$75? Seriously? +corn

Mine went from $865 per month to $1165 per month.

$75? :shock: :oops:

My deduct for family is five digits. Per person is more than enough to by a good used car.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm not on medicare yet, buy my health care insurance through United Health Care and my previous employer. It has gone from $1173 a month for my wife and I to $1208 for 2017 but our deductibles are very low. I carry the same coverage that I did while working as my wife requires a bit of care. Her two treatments cost $2500 a month but we pay $5 for each treatment. The treatments are actually injections that I administer and have done so for about ten years. I've pushed a lot of dope, I guess, high dollar dope!

I also did a lot of checking recently to see if I could save anything and couldn't, never even got into mentioning the preexisting stuff about my wife when requesting quotes. They probably would have walked away.

My best advice is not to look at it as someone who has good health, you are simply paying ahead. I can assure you that my wife was in good in great condition but one day all hell, absolute hell, broke loose. What I've paid in my lifetime for insurance has been a drop in the bucket compared to what the insurance company has paid in the last decade. I would not have had any retirement funds left or the land that I own. I have learned to look at insurance as an investment just as I look at my other investment activities.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

You bring to light the roots of the tree. They are numerous and this is likely not the place to discuss.

There's a reason the cost is high. It's the same reason a headlight costs 5X what it should when other seemingly expensive parts are "cheap". It's because 99% (SWAG) of headlights are paid for by insurance companies.

This applies to the medical field, more now than ever since people are now "forced" to have insurance. Buy a $27 Tylenol during a hospital stay and compare the premium for someone at poverty level to mine and we can all see what's going on.

$.40 per gallon just for taxes.....3% property tax so that my school district can build a $5M football field house and new weight room out of a $15M surplus fund when the $25M school and its facilities are about ten years old in a town of 15K people.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

My insurance didn't go up but the deductible and out of pocket doubled ....... Great to have since my annual Dr visits typically come to 6 or less depending on the winter hack and blood work . I only missed covering the deductible this year by about $800 .

When I was layed off COBRA was $895/mo , I found a plan that met the minimums for legal requirements at $66/mo that only cost $14,000 before it paid anything at all.
In the end I was better of to lie about having coverage pay out pocket at the reduced rate and forward the receipts to the vendor .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Poppop »

Remember guys, Obama said it was a great 8 years.
After these past 2 weeks, my intuition from 9 years ago turned out to be correct. And I'm not exaggerating, he is one of them--a terrorist sympathizer. He is vindictive and it will show after he is out of office. His background and deeds show it. Seems like a lot of people were duped by him and his slick talk. I know I shouldn't rant so I will stop now and count the days until Jan 20th
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

GasGuzzler wrote:$.40 per gallon just for taxes.....
That would be great... over here it's 3.60 taxes per gallon. And yes, that's dollars, not cents.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Topic Bucket”