Lee tools and kids .

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Lee tools and kids .

Post by RBHarter »

Take note written elsewhere but oh so true everywhere.

Tis the season........
Having managed to raise my own kids and not completely ruin several step kids and working on a pair of grand kids ,I've discovered a few things .
Kids are like Lee tools . Some of them are great right out of the box . Some of them need a little fidgeting to get them going . Some will need extra attention all along the way . A few will get ruined by the owner/operator . A few will get ruined by a friend . Last but not least until they stand on their own and are looked at as the 1 of a kind that they really are you really don't know if you got a good or a bad one . Sometimes it takes a while to see if the tuning/teaching worked . Sometimes despite your best efforts to do everything exactly right it doesn't work out . More often than not you end up with a better tool/kid than you expected to get .

Points to remember there will be days when you really need the tools to work right and you'll be at the edge of throwing them across the room and/or strangling the little darlings. There will be days that you are so far past caring and your only at the bench so you're not in a bar and they will work perfectly and somehow pick you up out of some pit of gloom reminding you of how great they really are . The most important thing to remember is that you can only lap and polish as much as you can then it's all on them .

It takes 20 yr to know if you did a good job with the kids .
This time of the year is quite stressful and kids feed on it an reflect it . They know when the money is tight . They know when you're ready to throw them across the room , but won't . Little kids will be more honest , sometimes to brutal extremes , older kids will shine you on and buy you another horrible tie you wouldn't be caught dead in .

So cut them a little slack , don't bury the stress and let it pile up they will reflect that and be horrible .

Enjoy the season and
Be thankful for every day
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Lee tools and kids .

Post by Ranch Dog »

Profound wisdom passed along RB, thanks!
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Very well put.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Thank you.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Old Scribe »

Thanks for the post RB. I might add the same holds true for canines, at least the ones I have.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

I wish I figured that out before I raised 5 of my own and 4 foster kids. Now that I'm a grumpa I realize it is never to late the begin your second childhood. My grandkids are my examples for getting even with my kids. :twisted: :lol:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

oh so true! 5 boys. 2 DILs (that is interesting!) and #5 (18) just joined the Army. You are spot on that it takes about 20 years to really know how good they are!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Did not see this until today. Nicely done RB. Have two, one each, both in their 40's now. Three grandchildren, oldest is 22, youngest is 12. All from my daughter. I rarely get to see them (they live in Florida) and in today's forms of communication (texting and such) don't often even talk to them. They never seem to answer their phones but will answer a text in 3 minutes, ain't the same. They don't seem to understand I would like to hear their voices. Enough grumbling, happy for you all that have them all close by. You're some lucky guys. :mrgreen:
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

I know what you mean Hugh...
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Not to go off topic but Larry how's Lisa doing? We missed you shooting yesterday.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Topic Bucket”