Huge Temperature Change

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Huge Temperature Change

Post by Ranch Dog »

Might be some type of record for the ranch, I don't remember a swing this big. At 3 pm yesterday, it was 87°. fifteen hours later, at 6 this morning, it was 31°. I know there are a lot of colder temperatures but a 56° change inside a day is larger than I've seen.

I was on the roof of my house and barn yesterday picking up pecans before the wind got to them. It felt like it was summertime.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Huge Temperature Change

Post by daboone »

Same here in Sugar Land. There was some fringe ice on puddles when I took the dogs for a walk earlier this morning. The dogs didn't seem to mind as much as I did.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:Might be some type of record for the ranch, I don't remember a swing this big. At 3 pm yesterday, it was 87°. fifteen hours later, at 6 this morning, it was 31°. I know there are a lot of colder temperatures but a 56° change inside a day is larger than I've seen.

I was on the roof of my house and barn yesterday picking up pecans before the wind got to them. It felt like it was summertime.

87degrees around here IS summertime RD... :D Back in the mid 80's I saw about the same "swing" in temps in Van Horn, Texas were I was at for a few days. Wash your truck during the day, scrape ice off in the morning. Weird. Here we're just having our "normal" 15 to 25 degree days, bout' a foot of snow on the ground. Brutal weather in some parts of the country right now, must be that "global warming" I keep hearing about... :lol: Wife and I have been "sickly" for about a month now, rattle in the chest, dry cough, about half lung capacity. Been to the local doctors a couple times, they ain't got a clue. First was antibiotics then put us on Prednazone. You guys have heard the old saw "somewhere out there is the worlds worst doctor, and tomorrow someone has an appointment with them", well welcome to Klickitat Valley Hospital.....Think I'll call my friend Carl the Vet see what meds he has. Actually I am feeling better today and being upright is always better than the alternative. Oh, and by the way all, MERRY CHRISTMAS to you. +guns
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 357cyrus »

We had a pretty wierd shift here too. Not quite the temperature swing you got but went from single digits most of last week, to rain yesterday(while I was hunting), then it poured, and back to low 20's freezing. Everything is coated with about an 1/8th inch of ice. When it gets like this it makes me wonder how the critters deal w/ it.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeap sure is different this week over last! It actually hit 30° after I posted so 57° of change! I wrote that down in my ranch book where I record the unusual things. That is quite a swing.

I must be hard on the critters. I've seen a couple of deer today around the house and they were running. It is up to 35° and the birds are moving about.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

As posted on RR site we went from 67 to 12. I'm in Texas too. It's 23 here with a WC near 0. Just remember, in six months it will be 107 here.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:As posted on RR site we went from 67 to 12. I'm in Texas too. It's 23 here with a WC near 0. Just remember, in six months it will be 107 here.
Yeah that down there with about the same drop we saw. Supposed to be down to 25° tonight. I don't think I've ever seen it in the teens here or at least no notes in my book. Seen 21°. Bad thing is none of our homes down here are built for those types of temperatures.
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Maybe you'll have snowImage
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:Maybe you'll have snowImage
Not a cloud in the sky and I hope it stays that way!
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

12 here again.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Topic Bucket”