New Press on the way

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: New Press on the way

Post by horseman »

Alright you two, I'm trying very hard to think of a good come back on the two of you guys "weather" reports. I can't think of a darn thing.

Been to Texas, lived there awhile, first wife's from Corpus Christi. I've seen a lot of areas I really liked in Texas, but the lack of public access land kinda bummed me. Hawaii is out. Gotta fly in a airplane to get there or take a boat. Don't like flying anymore (sorry RD) made the mistake of watching "Air Disasters" on TV one night, yikes, so flying is out unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. After sailing about a bit in the blue Pacific in my 30 sailboat years ago, and surviving, I made a pact with myself, I no longer will venture forth in any body of water I can't swim across or touch bottom (with head still above surface) while in such element. So Hawaii would be a "double" whammy. :lol: This is meant to be in good humor, I of course will sometimes go fishing in the Columbia River where I can't meet those two requirements, but 18' ft or bigger boat and life vest is always attached. :D Other than that I'm pretty content up here at 2500' elevation on the side of a mountain..... +corn
Man, those temps are sure inviting though....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Horseman wrote:Been to Texas, lived there awhile, first wife's from Corpus Christi. I've seen a lot of areas I really liked in Texas, but the lack of public access land kinda bummed me.
Yeap, not worth a hoot.

Horseman wrote:...Don't like flying anymore (sorry RD) made the mistake of watching "Air Disasters" on TV one night, yikes, so flying is out unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.
Don't blame you. I've had enough of them. I will be happy if I never need to walk through an airport just to get to an airplane let alone fly somewhere.
Michael
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by larryw »

Horseman wrote:Man, those temps are sure inviting though....
Hey Gus, I'll trade you places, all the fruit trees, golf courses, & Sun you can handle ??? :D
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

larryw wrote:
Horseman wrote:Man, those temps are sure inviting though....
Hey Gus, I'll trade you places, all the fruit trees, golf courses, & Sun you can handle ??? :D

Be careful what you wish for Larry :lol: Wanting is not the same as having...(Spock to a rival suitor, Star Trek series) I like fruit trees, especially orange trees with ripe oranges, love to play golf (although I don't get to play much anymore) also very much like warm weather, but anything much over 100 degrees I'm looking for air conditioning. "Normally", the winters here aren't THAT bad, this just happens to be one of those "winters from hell" we see every 20 years or so. Actually this is the "worst" I've seen here and I've lived here 16 years. But it'll be gone in a month or so. I'll also extend the invitation to you (again) anytime you and Lisa want to come visit you come on up. Stay as long as you like. That's not just an idle threat :D you'd be welcome. Guess we got off course here somewhat. So,

Got the new press yesterday. Had to go to town and pick it up at the Car Quest store cause' the UPS truck(s) are still unable to navigate the neighborhood. (remember guys, this is a small town and every one know's everyone so this kind of "stuff" can work for us)
Initial reaction to the RCBS Pro 2000 was, "hey, Pal, you want to help carry this out to my truck"... :o After getting it home I did a "temp" setup on the bench so I could "put it together" and see how things work. It's a massive thing, that's for sure. Weighs about 35 lbs (the box with all items was almost 50) Lot of room round' the shell plate. Nothing to complicated with set-up (however there are two screws left over I have know idea where they go, but that's kinda normal for me :lol: ) The directions aren't to bad, but they will make you ponder over a few things for sure. Not much detail in those black and white, blurry photos. I can see where someone with no progressive press experience could have some problems. The aps priming is interesting, but I just ran empty strips through the system, no issues. I'm not very good at reviewing stuff but I'll get back to you all after I get everything set up and installed and run it a bit if you're interested.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Horseman wrote: I'm not very good at reviewing stuff but........

:lol:
Yep as soon so I review something that I like or dislike someone else disagrees. :lol: If it works or even if it just helps the process I'm happy till that someone tell me how to do it better. I just wanta know why I didn't hear from them before I made the plunge. :shock: :roll:

So now I dare ya to post that review. :twisted: +guns :lol:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

daboone wrote:
Horseman wrote: I'm not very good at reviewing stuff but......../quote]

:lol:

So now I dare ya to post that review. :twisted: +guns :lol:

Dan, anybody ever tell ya' you got a mean streak... :lol:
larryw

Post by larryw »

Look out folks, this could get good :)
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

Sitting here looking out the window at a winter wonderland as it snows wondering when I'm going to be able to shoot again. Two things to look forward to: 1) Next Friday 1/20, the second coming of independence day, and 2) spring
Can't even reload, haven't shot enough this winter
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Poppop wrote:Sitting here looking out the window at a winter wonderland as it snows wondering when I'm going to be able to shoot again. Two things to look forward to: 1) Next Friday 1/20, the second coming of independence day, and 2) spring
Yeah, should be a interesting ride come Friday. Maybe us guys in the South and West that can shoot year round could start sending you guys that can't our spent cases to reload for us. I need a full time bullet caster but the pay is next to nothing.
Michael
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Poppop wrote:Sitting here looking out the window at a winter wonderland as it snows wondering when I'm going to be able to shoot again. Two things to look forward to: 1) Next Friday 1/20, the second coming of independence day, and 2) spring
Yeah, should be a interesting ride come Friday. Maybe us guys in the South and West that can shoot year round could start sending you guys that can't our spent cases to reload for us. I need a full time bullet caster but the pay is next to nothing.
I don't cast bullets-just reload.
A job like reloading that doesn't pay much is how the Obama people added the to their "job creation" statistics.
The other option is for us obnoxious northeasterners to move west so we can enjoy the weather and year round shooting. :)
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA

Return to “Topic Bucket”