New Press on the way

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: New Press on the way

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have less than ten die sets. I have two sets I bought with no firearm to match.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:I have two sets I bought with no firearm to match.
Your comment suggests that there is a problem with that.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

Too many in the same cartridge is all .
That's not a problem for me I practice diversity and I'm down to only 5-6 die sets without matching cartridges and only 3 that aren't used as step or partial sizing dies .
I even have dies for all the cartridges now , 7.7 Arisaka has been a real struggle . Now to find a home for the 7x64 Brenkke and 375 H&H ......
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

[quote="RBHarter"]Too many in the same cartridge is all .

AHA! someone else with that "problem".. :lol: I have exactly 13 sets of dies, need to pick up a set for 7mag though. Of those current 13 I have two doubles and one triple...it's easy to do. Had an older set of Hornady that some how the flare die disappeared from. Replaced that with a Lee Powder through die. So I bought a new set of RCBS dies for 44mag/spl. THEN because I use mostly cast bullets in my revolvers I decided (fell for the sales pitch) to get a sets of "Cowboy Dies" from Hornady. Did the same for 45 Colt and 357mag. I will say the Hornady CDies do have a bit larger dimensions and work very well with cast bullets. But now I have brand new (well almost) sets of RCBS dies in those three calibers that I don't use. :oops: I only load for 4 pistol calibers and 4 rifle calibers for myself. By the way RB, you'll be getting a package in the mail pretty soon... :lol: I didn't forget.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Oops. Just remembered I have four sets I don't have guns for and two are the same caliber (.222Rem). The others are .32WCF (dad has both those guns) and .45C.

Doubles? My only other double is .38/.357 and one of those is loaned out to a local young reloader.

I have .45C and .32WCF brass too.....and .32 cast bullets.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

It's all good horseman .

I have 2 sets of 45Colts and 2+ 45 ACP which weird actually because of the why I have them vs that I have the Lyman , Lee sets then the lone crimp ,sizer ,expander and FCD all rogue from different factories ....
I have a couple of duplicate rifle sets also ,like the 06' with 2 sizers 1 for full length and 1 setup short for a neck only and the 6.8 set with the neck relieved in both dies for the 7x6.8 . I have a 223 seater die in the 222 box .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
jloader

Post by jloader »

GasGuzzler wrote:I have less than ten die sets. I have two sets I bought with no firearm to match.
That could not be... time to get a gun/rifle to match those dies... would not want the dies to collect dust :lol:
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

My new press hasn't arrived yet. It's been out for delivery TWICE now but today it just shows "delayed due to weather". I don't get it, we only have 2 1/2 feet of snow here and I've plowed the driveway several times (just about a mile long) in fact I was out until 6:30 last night movin' snow (we had about a 10 inch snowfall day before yesterday to add to what we already had) cause' it took ME four tries to make it up the hill to my house yesterday in my 4x4 dodge. Yeah, I know, just put some chains on. I was going to do just that, threw two sets in the back of my truck the other day just in case. After the first try at the hill I backed down to where I could put them on and not be laying in 2ft of snow, pulled the chains out of the truck, dumped them on the ground and realized I had my tractor chains and not the truck chains... :oops: Three more tries and I was at the shop. Remove tractor chains, put in truck chains. Well, I now have 46 hrs on my new tractor and over 20 of that is from plowing snow. Beautiful day today, sun is out, 2 plus ft of snow over the landscape and no new snow in sight. Warming trend starting next week, gonna be up into the 30's....ahhh, life is good.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Today Hawaii-75, Phoenix-68, Houston-78 are the places I choose to live. :D So please feel free to come visit anytime you want Hugh! 8-) I am pretty sure I'm allergic to snow. Hehehe. I'm in Phoenix for a few days now, and it is perfect shooting weather. :t

It sure sucks to be anticipating and waiting and suffering postponement after postponement. I promise it will be worth the wait even after enduring those snow inflicted hazards.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Horseman, I've been using my tractor this week prepping for prescribed pasture burns. 81° has been the high the last three days!
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”