New Press on the way

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: New Press on the way

Post by Ranch Dog »

Poppop wrote:A job like reloading that doesn't pay much is how the Obama people added the to their "job creation" statistics.
But heah, everyone needs something to do!
Poppop wrote:The other option is for us obnoxious northeasterners to move west so we can enjoy the weather and year round shooting. :)
My wife and I were just talking about this and these are our observations in a nutshell. We have see people come to Texas from the States on the immediate West Coast and the northerns States from the Great Lakes east. This is a generalization but those from the West seem to be coming with their left leaning ideals in the hopes of influencing this State to lean with them. Usually they have made a killing on a property sale on the coast and then move here and are absolutely horrified that we like guns, hunting, & fishing. Those from the east seem to be coming to us as Constitutional hold outs that just cannot stand the idea of living where they do anylonger. They immediately assimilate into the present population unnoticed other than by accent or you catch them standing in wonder of our displays of patriotism and pride in both our State and Nation.

One couple that was from Chicago observed that even our groceries are graced with either an American or Texas flag or state something like "Texas Pride". My response is just how am I supposed to choose between which bag of rice I'm going to buy?

The only caution that I throw out to those that inquire about Texas on the various hunting & shooting forums I frequent is that Texas is a property rights State. In other words, the landowner is King. There is little to no hunting for permission and now a days, a good hunting lease is hard to find and a great hunting lease is gold. Public hunting is 50 years behind and will probably never catch up. It took me 30+ years to get drawn on the two premier State properties for hunting whitetails and mule deer and I will probably never get drawn again. I've been applying for a public lands antelope permit for the same period and it will probably never happen.

Public shooting ranges, at least State sponsored are non-existent and public ranges under private ownership are still tough to find and usually have so many rules that they are not worth shooting at.

Okay, now I have really have done it! +of
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Well RD there's lots and lots of public lands in Oregon and Washington but you have to put up with the liberal bozo's that inhabit the west sides of both states and controls the political climate. That's getting more difficult each year. We are governed by the I-5 corridor group (Seattle south to the Cali border) because that's the big population areas. The east side of the Cascades in both states (except for Bend, Ore. which has become a California Liberal hotbed over the years, yuppieville) is still very conservative. If I were 10-15 years younger I'd be moving to Idaho..beautiful state with good people. But from you post of a couple days ago, you may not like the weather.. :lol:
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I agree.

The accents are odd but the people seem to blend right in.

I looked at Loadmasters online today. I like the doohickey factor I just don't shoot enough to need one. My load in 9mm is a good amount more accurate in my P95 than factory but with loaded brass case FMJRN available for $0.20 each there's no point in loading my own right now at about $0.12-0.14 each plus my time. I'm left to ASSume it's the same way for .45ACP and 5.56X45. Obviously .357 cast is way cheaper to load than buy.....about the same per loaded round as 9mm but factory .357 is $0.45 per round.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Old Scribe »

I hear you RD. Here in Jefferson (true Northern California) we are seeing a similar situation of those who are moving from the Bay Area, LA area, and liberal coastal parts of the state. There are pockets of the north state where true conservatives live and yearn for a day when we can separate from the nonsense in Sacramento!
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy

Return to “Topic Bucket”