RCBS Pro 2000 at work

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: RCBS Pro 2000 at work

Post by horseman »

O.K. guys, pulled the small primer Load Master down from the shelf and set it up to do 9mm as a comparison to the operation of the RCBS. To me, the LM is the far faster, (course it has a case feeder) smoother, easier less "hassle" press to operate. In fact I"v come to the conclusion that once you get the LM press "set" you have a press that's about as good as it gets. I'm not making these statements lightly. I have done a bit to get my presses to this point, but nothing major. I do have after market priming units on both but have learned a bit more since installing them to where (like RD) may not need them. IMO possibly the "best" fix of Mike's priming unit is the Primer Pin set screw. That's something you can do yourself very easily and from what I can tell from my presses, eliminates the "flipped" and "sideways" primers some have problems with. But make no mistake, the parts from Mike's Reloading Bench are good products and really work, I can attest to that.
Also careful setup of the case feeder (some have problems here) and a little judicial work with a fine file on the index rod and a bit of polishing of the shell plates and the Load Master becomes so smooth you can operate it with two fingers. I'm going to box the Pro 2000 back up and just put it away for now. The two Load Master's ( I have) beat it hands down for loading pistol rounds...YMMV of course.

Return to “Topic Bucket”