Game Cam deal - $25

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Game Cam deal - $25

Post by oscarflytyer »

GasGuzzler wrote:Comes with.....nothing. No instructions. No box. It does come with a useless strap.
mine arrived. strap is servicable imo. nothing else. but much more expensive cams have not had any more, except maybe instructions. But 10 min and a beer, and I figured them out. They say Bushnell on case. But plain jane box said Primos

Bought 4. currently 1 0n 1 pic - watching a roosting cardinal under upper deck, 1 on 3x pic 'watchin' dogs and 1 on video, also 'watching' dogs. we shall see...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've gone back to this deal several times but remain a bit buggered by the trigger speed. Hopefully, you guys will post some pictures soon so I can see what they are capable of. What I have figured out is that this is either very old stock or reconditioned units, given the arrival reports it is probably the latter. Still, at the price, I wouldn't care as it is all about the pictures it takes. I also would be interested in what happens when you walk in front of it in the dark. Noise, light, etc. A game camera will bugger a mature buck in a heartbeat and they won't come back.

Here is the closest user manual I've found, same base model: Bushnell 119512B
Michael
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

I'll bet they are refurbs. Mine arrived the same way. I'll try to post some pics this weekend.

If it sounds too good...

you know the rest. :lol:
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

I ordered two of them, (don't have them yet) they're no longer available from Midway at that price but can be found for less than 50 bucks in other places. They ARE a Bushnell product, model 119522b, entry level camera from what the information (not much) I could find online. I'm not looking for "photo" quality pictures so I'm pretty sure it will work for what I want a game cam to do. No where in the information from Midway does it say they are "refurbished", so I believe they're probably just an older model. Who cares... +corn
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Found a bit more info on these "game" cameras. It would seem Bushnell calls it a grounds (I take that as meaning security) camera. Not sure what the actual difference would be but probably the reason for the "slower" shutter speed of 1.3 sec (or less in their words) than a "game" or "trail" camera??? If they (the cameras) fail as "game" cameras for me I'll just set them up in my shop as a "security" camera and buy something different. There are sure a lot of options out there.... :o
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Mine has a date inside that says August 17,2013.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by klr »

Mine is dated 2013 also.

But enough speculating. I set mine up beside my drive way and drove past with my car. The camera is about 10' away. The first time I had just accelerated from a stop and was going less than 5 mph. The second time I was traveling about 10 mph.

I have my camera set on a 3-shot burst and the second two frames caught nothing.

I later walked past and then away from the camera and it looked like I took two full strides between frames and caught me clearly on all three shots.

I'm pleased for $30 delivered.

Now I'm going to go spread that pile of gravel. ;)

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Looks like it would do a good job about a feeder but now they are sold out. Oh well, will stick with my Cuddebacks.

I did find the manual for the units. Look back on the product page, they have a downloadable link to the pdf.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

There's a quick reference guide printed on a sticker affixed to the inside of the battery cover.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

mine are also dated 2013. they are quiet from what I could tell. red light in the dark, but they all do. Not looked at pics yet.

Return to “Topic Bucket”