Ahhh, the never ending winter

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Ahhh, the never ending winter

Post by horseman »

Had to go into town today to the !! DENTIST!!, almost didn't make it back up the drive. (almost didn't go to the dentist :) )That Cummins was blowing smoke and I was watching snow and ice flying past the windows as it flew up over the top... :D I DO NOT LIKE PUTTING ON CHAINS... it's unmanly when you own a 4x4.. :lol: Rather just stand on it and that way if you do get stuck you really get stuck....that's guy stuff, even for a 70yr old "kid" like me. My Dodge puts out a bit over 400hp now and I do use it on occasion.. :o

RD, fire scares the bejeezus outa me, on the other hand my Wife's a pyro. I had shoulder surgery a few years back and was "supposed" to keep my arm in a sling for 6 weeks ( that didn't work very well) and basically not do anything more strenuous than take a shower. Well, it was about that time I wanted to take some trees out of my lower "pasture" so a couple friends came up and dropped about 400 trees (what we call "pecker poles around here) bull pine a foot or less in dia but up to 60 ft. tall. Told them they could have the trees but when they bucked em' up please put the limbs in piles to burn in the fall. When fall arrived the wife's eyes lit up (along with some brush piles, you ever see dry pine limbs burn?) She had fires burning that you could see from the space shuttle. I'm runnin' around with the water tank and wand hollerin' "DON'T LIGHT ANOTHER ONE!!, LET SOME OF THOSE OTHERS BURN DOWN A BIT BEFORE YOU START ANYMORE!!" THEY'LL HAVE TO BRING IN AIR TANKERS AS IT IS...like I said fire scares me to death. Only one way in and out of my place and that was right down where the road passes through....so when it comes to land burnin' you're more man than me, if I was doing that I'd have a crew of at least 10, at least a D4 with a BIG disc and a water truck on hand. :lol:.......I'll send the Wife down.... :P
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Horseman, might need to send your wife down here next January. I could put her to work!
Michael
357cyrus
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by 357cyrus »

Im still a snow lover. We haven't had enough the past two years for my liking. Ive been working a trap line every morning since the start of the year and whenever we have fresh snow its like Christmas. You get to see where the critters were, where they went, and what they're after. I do know what you mean though. When the winters are bad around here there's nothing like a little trip down south to recharge the batteries.
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Ranch Dog wrote:Horseman, might need to send your wife down here next January. I could put her to work!
I'd be concerned about thAt offer If Hugh get outta line she knows how to crack a whip. :lol:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Topic Bucket”