Turret Retirement...

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Turret Retirement...

Post by mikld »

Just another FYI; I was messin' around the shop with my new Co-AX and wanted to set up my press for 9mm, but I don't have the jaws (LS) for that size cartridge. Hmmm. Started thinkin'. The base of the standard universal shell holder resembles, somewhat, a cartridge case head. Dug out my box of shell holders but only had 1 for 9mm and I didn't want to modify my one and only, so I picked one for 45 ACP of which I have 3 (I know the jaws that's in the press now will hold 45 ACP, but I was thinkin'! ;) ). I reduced the diameter of the lower portion and thinned it out (made the base of the shell holder resemble a case). Put the shell holder in the jaws, lifted the ram, and the jaws held the shell holder tightly, just like a case. I inserted a case into the shell holder and ran it up into a size/decap die. It works! I just sized a dozen or so but it went smoothly.

Now this was just an experiment and it worked for me and there are better ways to hold brass in the press, but in an emergency, if the proper jaws aren't available, it is a solution. :roll:

Return to “Topic Bucket”