If Larry and Horseman went on a budget

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

If Larry and Horseman went on a budget

Post by daboone »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: If Larry and Horseman went on a budget

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hmm; no 25 & 32 Auto, or 9mm Makarov, or 30 Carbine. Poor guy, I'd hate to be stuck with so few cartridges with the Load-Masters.
Michael
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Lol
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I did find it interesting that he is using both the bullet & case feeders for the 7.62x39. The bullet feeder is the real puzzler as the rifle dies aren't tapered on the end like the pistol dies. That taper on the end of the die is what spreads the bullet fingers away from the bullets. Funny thing after the conversation this week with Lee about the Custom 32 Auto Powder Through Expander Die, I was going to ask them if they could make me custom seating dies for 30 Carbine and 7.62x39.
bullet_seating_die_taper.jpg
For real, this fellow has a very neat setup and I don't think a budget would help Larry or Horseman achieve that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Yep I should have titled it " .... if they weren't on a budget" :oops:

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Really nice set up that fella has. He is waaaaay beyond me. I wonder how he keeps it so organized and neat. (probably picks up after himself, what a novel idea 8-) ) (I'd bet RD's outfit looks that good or better) Interesting to me is all the different powders on the shelves for, what did he say he's loading, 6 or 7 calibers. Maybe he's like me, always looking for a "better" propellant :lol: . Nice stash of primers, I'm actually running a bit low on large rifle primers, mag and "regular blend", and down to less than 7,000 small pistol. Truth is fella's I'm cutting back on reloading. Right now I have 9 presses (just sold one) and by summer will be down to 4 or 5 (probably 4) one progressive, 2 single stage, and one Shot shell press that does both 12 and 20 gauge. If it wasn't for the 9mm and 223 stuff I think I could easily get by without the progressive press. Oh well, we'll see how that goes......Larry W. want a manually operated Dillon 450 with lot's of "stuff" in really good shape????? PM me if you have an interest....You're invited too Dan.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

No Thanks, but Thanks for the offer. No Doubt I'll find a new gadget sometime soon that I will spend money on, but I'm done chasing the best press rainbows.

GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I've been buying stuff anytime I see a good price for a few years and I usually don't use much. It's stacking up for use down the road when I won't be able to afford it or maybe even find it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Topic Bucket”