Forwarding questions

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Forwarding questions

Post by Fyodor »

Hi, Forum,

This year I plan to complete my AR15 type rifle that I've been planning for about 18 months now. Most components are either already here, or readily available.

But I'd really love to use the Tac-Con 3MR trigger group with the positive reset since this rifle is meant to be used in dynamic competitions (Link).

That trigger is 290.00 USD in the US... and 500.00 USD over here in Europe!

Is anyone familiar with the ITAR rules, and does know if a sporting AR15 trigger can be shipped? As far as I know there is a free limit of 100.00 USD (shipped) where ITAR doesn't apply, but some items can be shipped even if they exceed this limit. But I don't know the rules in detail, so I'm not sure.

If you know about the details of the rules, and/or would be willing to forward the trigger to me, that would be great!

Cheers,
Jochen
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Forwarding questions

Post by akuser47 »

It's a tad on the grey side for me. Aeca and itar, seem to state it's legal without export license or permit and declaration if under 100 dollars and if not a military gun part. As the fact it's more of a competion trigger and not milspec trigger it could be argued in court if need be. I think it would still be safer to get the state department permit with declaration to be safe if i was doing it. I am no lawyer and what I know on this is very little. I read alot of the info on the state and customs import export regulations. Just my take on it so far. There are smarter people than me here who may know more. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Forwarding questions

Post by daboone »

My AR is a M1 Garand. :P

Sorry I just had to razz you black rifle guys! ;)
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Topic Bucket”