Forum names

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Forum names

Post by Old Scribe »

I don't know if this has been covered in the past. I am curious how you all got your forum names.
Some are easily figured out, others ... humm.
I'll start. Years ago I was the BP club's newsletter editor and another member called me Scribe. That's been my camp name since.
I put the name Old Scribe on the forum 'cuz I'm old.
:lol:
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Forum names

Post by Poppop »

A couple of my grandchildren call me Poppop
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

My first forum membership was on the GM Tecnician Forum, a place y'all can't get to without cheating. I moderated that site for a few years until they stripped my badge after I corrected (edited) an engineer's faulty poll.

I never liked my username there after I realized people were misreading "natk" as (phonetically) Nay-Tech.

I had a much more negative tone then anyway.

When I went to other automotive performance forums I wanted an automotive and somewhat tongue in cheek username. To represent the horrible MPG my slightly modified 6.0 Yukon Denali and now also my slightly modded Sierra delivers, I chose a keeper.

As a child of the early 1970's gas wars I picked the one word double capital GasGuzzler middle finger to the Fed's new vehicle and at the pump taxes.

It stuck so I kept it for all types of forums.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

BTW, Okie44 has a funny username story.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

daboone, Daniel Arthur Boone. My dad was doing his residency as a GP, MD. He was bet a fifth of whiskey during my mom's pregnancy that he wouldn't name me Daniel if a boy or Bonnie Marie if a girl. The initials for Bonnie Marie, BM was funny for some physicians back in the day. Guess I got lucky cause I love my name and flintlocks.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Good to know I know Daniel Boone.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

I just love the simplicity to the Automat Kalashnikov 1947 design. I'm young compared to most I think. I make up for it with my old like mind. Lol
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

It started off as an altered work email . HartR ........ Because every load is dialed for a clean kill on game , big game , I added an E . Harter , a red stag in Europe is called a hart , making me deer hunter . I was called Billy at home most of my life as my Dad and I share a first but not middle names . A friend of the kids always me Dickbill , double knick name .
It's just stuck better to be RBHarter after I started shooting BP . Round Ball deer hunter .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Mine is easy. Just my love of the good dogs that seem to love the ranch life. Never thought about it much as a cow dog easily could be identified as a ranch dog but no, there is a cut. Not all cow dogs are good ranch dogs. My Australian Kelpie taught me that. Not only could it work cattle; it could herd anything including cats, it could also... well there is nothing it could not do. She could recover lost game or people. I saw a show where a plumber from Downunder had taught his Kelpie 26 specific tools that it could find and bring from the truck into a work site. "Bring me the cowboy pliers" and it would take off at a run and return. Yeah, I taught mine about half the number of what the plumber did.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Sheila, a real ranch dog.
Skunk Killer.jpg
She had this think for killing skunks. She wore the spray as the smell of achievement. The first time she got "stunked," my Dad made her an award for her kill. The badge is the lid from the tomato paste that he washed her with. Each time she made a kill, he added a varnished MilkBone to the award. When she passed, she could only wear the award sitting as it drug between here legs if she walked!

Whenever I was invited to hunt somewhere, the invite would always be "oh, bring your dog." She had more friends that I did. I learned not to leave my bedroll at night to go to the outhouse, you could not dislodge her! She would bite hard in a heartbeat!
Dont Turn Your Back.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Old Scribe »

I've had a couple of good dogs, but only one good ranch dog, a border collie named Corrie. She lived to be 18 but only 10 of those years were on our ranch. Sold the ranch but kept Corrie with us for 8 more years.
I knew we had a good one when we brought her home at 10 weeks old. First thing out of the truck she started herding our flock of Rouen ducks into a corner and would not let any of them get by her! She was great with our sheep and helped with the neighbor's cows too.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy

Return to “Topic Bucket”