Forum names

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Forum names

Post by oscarflytyer »

Last name myers. Was called oscarmeyer as a kid sometimes. I have also tied flies since I was 12 (over 40 yrs). When I was trying to come up with a name that wasn't taken in yahoo, kept failing. So I put together the Oscar and the Flytyer = Oscarflytyer. THAT one wasn't taken. An I have used it everywhere since.
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

mr surveyor ..... it's what I am :)

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

Amen RD dogs can be our right hand until gone. In the meantime keep them happy and healthy treeing, tracking, or loving until our good Lord calls them home.I have a place in my heart for all my hunting dogs over the years. +guns
Sorry I got emotional below but dogs are family. I wrote this just now thinking of my crazy beagle speedy she was a good beagle hound
Oght to our Dogs.-
No score to big no hide to small the game we nailed in the end is all. Our years short your masters years long we tracked and we treed all we could in your time here as a dog. Your wimper simply to calm your master voice in the dark your last howls will echoe forever in my memories of your last night.
To my best friend speedy I'll never forget you
this beagle could hunt, and track rabbit, squirrel, and coon. I had to put speedy down after she took on a 23 pound coon that tore here apart. A very ruff night for me. My blue tick got messed up bad by same coon speedy tried to save spike my blue tick. It destroyed her to. I hugged her laid her down and helped her pass easy that night. You never forget those special family members in your life. Spike lived on in honor of speedy. I'll never forget my favorite beagle though. Sorry RD your story got me emotional. I can truely relate.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

OK, I'll bite!

alphalimafoxtrot = milspeak for my Christian name initials - ALF - Adam being my first name. Because of my job, I use way too many online platforms professionally and after a time it becomes really tedious selecting usernames.
So when I look for something to come up with for civilian/hobby forums, I kind of mix it up. Otherwise, I'm not very creative.

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

Horseman. Pretty self explanatory.........I like, have, and enjoy riding Horses......also like my dogs, but dogman doesn't have quite the same ring to it... :lol: Where I live a fella can wear "Strangler" jeans, a western shirt, boots and hat and fit right in. My everyday wear. I do get an occasional look or two when I go to the "big city" though, but that's fine.
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by buckeye43210 »

I work at an obscure Central Ohio University. Their mascot is a Buckeye and their zip code is 43210.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Reside in SW Ohio, Dayton and when I go out for "wind therapy" it's on a CanAm Spyder RT.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
GRV01

Post by GRV01 »

And here i am with a comparatively bland handle: from my time in the Navy, you write your name on paperwork the same way each time and always described aloud for the slower folk, "LAST NAME COMMA FIRST NAME MIDDLE INITIAL!"

GRV, or Grev. And 01 because, well im Me :)
No thin chicks
Currently reloading .357 Magnum and .38 Special
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by buckeye43210 »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:Reside in SW Ohio, Dayton and when I go out for "wind therapy" it's on a CanAm Spyder RT.

Make smoke,
My three wheeler leans...

Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

Well...

There are many people with the name of "Fyodor" or "Fjodor" or "Fedor" in Russian history that could have given me the idea to use that name.

But actually they aren't. When I chose that name in 2003, I didn't even know it was a Russian name. I was a fantasy role playing gamer back then, and one of my game characters had that name. I just thought is sounds good. Then during my study I was an intern at a mechanical design office for a while, and translated old pen and paper drawings into 3D models. But just on that one day, where I was all alone in the office, AutoCAD just passed and I wasn't able to start it again. That happened early in the morning, but I couldn't leave because I also was in charge of the telephone. So I started to surf the internet, found a forum or two that I found interesting, and used that name as a nickname. I still use it everywhere in the internet where it's not already taken. Just to not need to remember so many names.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.

Return to “Topic Bucket”