VA Medical Services

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
reomack
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: VA Medical Services

Post by reomack »

Glad the VA worked well for you and that you are good to go. I think the major claim against the VA is not that the VA hospitals are bad but that it takes forever to get a claim through the system. I have been trying for a year and a half to get hearing aids (13 years of flying off carriers will hurt your hearing) and so far they have managed to get me to an audiologist for the test which came back with 75-80% loss but no word about the hearing aids. I guess that they think if they delay long I might die and then they are off the hook. Not a happy camper here.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Yep like most insurance companies but for us it is our government running things. :shock:

Today I got a letter saying I made to much money. So once again I gotta go back, stand in another line and have them review my tax returns. On the other hand the actual medical services I've been getting has been excellent. The wait time for me are about the same as any other doctors office.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

daboone wrote:Yep like most insurance companies but for us it is our government running things. :shock:
Make that ALL insurance companies of all types.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

I don't understand why you're income matters. If you served, you served. I could understand some conditions that addressed coverage if you had health insurance but not rejecting care base on income.

If money is the issue, then the Country owes its veterans a fortune.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Thanks RD for your comment. But it is a fact. The rule are strict but confusing to me. There are even caps on what services are available depending on your income level. For instance I'm not eligible for dental because of my retirement plan. I plan on going in tomorrow and find out what the concern is this time. As for Reomack's hearing aids, that's just sad to hear how this is not happening for him. Stupid that benefits are not as advertised.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Topic Bucket”