My Spoiled Rotten Dog

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

My Spoiled Rotten Dog

Post by daboone »

He is also blind in his left eye besides being spoiled. This little rotten no good has made it his mission to make sure I'm not allowed to be depressed about losing my right eye. This morning a 4:00am he decided I need to take him for a walk. There was absolutely no possible way of telling him no or NO no matter the tone of voice. He started with the cold wet noise on the neck, then licking my face all while I tied stay in bed. Next he brought the leash and while shaking his head dragged it across my face. So I got up and tried to make coffee but then the soft low pitch play growling and yips started all the while dragging his leash. There was no possibility of getting even one cup of that poured. So I opened the door to let him go out to pee/mark/poop. He wasn't having anything to do with that and started shaking the leash more vigorously. I gave up and off we went. Not for just our normal morning walk. When I tried to turn around and head back he wasn't going to do anything but be dragged in the return direction. I was then taken down every walkway, path and alley in the neighborhood. For the next 1 hour and 45 minutes while he marked ever tree, bush and rock on this walkabout. Forcing me to duck low tree branches and going over rocky uneven terrain.

Moral of this event? He doesn't think my moping around feeling sorry for myself cuts it. He purposefully has assumed the job of my therapist and trainer as a guide dog who knows how to live with one working eye.
This ugly no good rotten little beast is not about to put up with my depression and knows better than me about how to deal with adversity.

Love my spoiled rotten ugly dog, Paddles. So today we are going to the lake for his favorite activity, swimming as a reward. This swimming activity is how he got his name.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: My Spoiled Rotten Dog

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Smart dog, follow his lead.
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

I guess they are "mans best friend". Unbelievable loyalty. Old dogs, children and watermelon wine.
As per Ohio3Wheels, follow his lead.
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Poppop wrote:I guess they are "mans best friend". Unbelievable loyalty. Old dogs, children and watermelon wine.
As per Ohio3Wheels, follow his lead.
Sounds like a great dog, and just what you need! And kudos to Tom T Hall! He got a lot of things right!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

Oh, you poor man! Being bullied by a small dog. What's the world coming to when a feller can't sit on his pity pot and have to walk his dog... :lol:

JK of course. It's good to hear you understand your dog and his true intentions. God gave us dogs for friendship and to take care of us. Listen to Paddles...
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by mr surveyor »

mikld wrote:Oh, you poor man! Being bullied by a small dog. What's the world coming to when a feller can't sit on his pity pot and have to walk his dog... :lol:

JK of course. It's good to hear you understand your dog and his true intentions. God gave us dogs for friendship and to take care of us. Listen to Paddles...

that is good "advice". :lol:

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

He has now obtained the title of Mr Paddles. I getting the hang of living with my left eye. As yet depth perception is eluding me. Missed my mouth with the tooth brush with morning. :oops: But did get the job done. ;) I will win this depth perception issue and be shooting, reloading and finishing the flintlock after a vacation back home.

Paddles and I are going back home to Kealakekua Bay Hawaii tomorrow. Several granddkids and my daughter, the mom of 3 of the 4 kids, going will also be there by Sunday. I'm "kidnapping" another, the 4th one will go over with me. His dad will joins us next week. I'm blessed beyond my ability to dream by my family. Of course maybe the fact I'm creating an excuse for them to come back home by the Bay is a part of the reason. :P I still happy to feel this special to them.

Thanks for all your kind and much appreciated comments, suggestion and prayers.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Relative motion .
Wait until you try some unfamiliar stairs that are tall or short or deeper than average . :lol:

The trick is to range things by movement and known sizes rather than by depth of field . For example that glass of water .
We know how deep the counter is .
Leave the faucet just off the center rib of the sink on your glass hand side .
Touch the counter edge with whatever sticks farthest out , hip ,belt buckle etc , near the center of the sink bowl . This puts the valve hand in more or less a straight line out to the valve .
Now you have a guide to the left/right just ride the glass base or pinky along the rib to the stream .

For the close in stuff like your tooth brush ,comb , eating and drinking , will be a product of muscle memory , basically you just know where your face is .

Lots of.things will be done like the glass of water . More will be muscle memory .

Stairs are tricky . You have to look past the step going down to see the edge move across next step down . Going up you learn to find the edge with your heel or the back stop with your toes .
Dark lines or contrasting color changes on floors like malls resturants and motels . You will find yourself stepping up then down looking for a step that isn't there . Unknown ramps over 2/12 can be a tripping hazard also .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
mikld

Post by mikld »

Yes, dboone, life is good. Sounds like you got some good stuff goin' for you, close family and a good companion.

FWIW my dad lost an eye in his 20s and lived a productive life or over 50 years after the loss. His depth perception was as good as most, and the only "problem" he experienced was something/someone "sneaking up" on his blind side. He managed to drive for over 50 years with no accidents, was a good mechanic and able to tell a 1/2" bolt head from a 9/16" bolt head from 5 feet. (when I was little I didn't know he had a glass eye, as I tied to remove my left eye for cleaning just like daddy did! :lol: ).

Life has it's ups and downs, but really, it's all good... :mrgreen:
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Poppop »

Sounds like you love your family and the love you. Enjoy your vacation and the feeling that your family gives you will give you the reason to fight and overcome this handicap. I'm confident of that.
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA

Return to “Topic Bucket”