Harvey!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Re: Harvey!

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

By the way, RD, I'm a school teacher and my network online filters out the "gun sites" except for this one - Lee Loader - so I am actually able to check in during breaks, to read your post-Harvey updates.

As I mentioned, I'm working towards weaving community relief efforts and citizenship awareness into my lessons going forward - as well as appropriate ways to donate for the cause.

Be well and good luck!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good to hear about the filter letting this forum through.

The highway did end up closing behind us and was closed all day yesterday. I'm going to see if it is open in a bit.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Stations are running out of fuel up here.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:Stations are running out of fuel up here.
Went into town today. All stations had fuel and normal activity, no lines. Normal before storm price of $2.05/gal.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Sherman (45K) is out of 87 and 89.

Krum is out altogether (small town). Other small towns in the area are out.

We're still steady on product here in Gainesville (17K) but there are lines and the price went to $2.49-2.99 today alone.

I've heard rumors of $8 per in Garland and Denton.

I have to use 89 (92/93 when towing or when it's really hot) in both my GMCs anyway because of computer mods so $2.59 wasn't much more for me than usual. I did contribute to the problem by buying but both my trucks were 1/4 tank or so.

Prices generally jump for Labor Day anyway so I'm hoping the lull that should occur from the buying frenzy will settle the supply and the price by mid-week.

The bad part is the price takes way longer to settle than the supply.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by oscarflytyer »

daboone - not sure where your kids were in Sugar Land. Mine got back to his house yesterday. Very lucky! some water in back door = laminate floor damage, roof leak = ceiling drywall damage and laminate floor damage. They truly are very lucky from what I am hearing from others. Buddy in Katy has his daughter's family living with him and will for awhile. Their house has drywall damage and will take some time to repair.

RD - glad you are good. But as you say. the water is unreal and going to be a lot of issues for a long time! Hope you have stock in DEET!

As for gas, very interesting. Here in Huntsville, AL (N AL just below TN line) gas at Walmart went from $2.03 on Monday to $2.29 this afternoon. I assume it will go to maybe $3.40 and peak. Will also be interesting, as I am headed to NE TN/nearly Bristol VA early tomo AM. Wondering what the fuel situation will be. And we are just now getting the rain from the storm dregs this evening.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I can't wait to see what kind of sex crimes are committed at the pumps here . Our cut rate Golden Gate that suggests it pumps 76 was already $2.78 with Shell and Chevron bargain priced at just $3.09 .
70 miles east we get it for just $2.49 . Hopefully the demand for the California and Utah fuel won't kill us .
Dad called last night and said gas was up to $2.48 in West Central Arkansas ,90 miles north of Texarkana .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by mikld »

I am definitely not an "Otta be a law" kind of guy, but the profiteering during an emergency/disaster really ticks me off! (I saw an old "20 Mule Team" show where a feller bought all the flour in a small town that was snowed in. He then tripled the cost to sell back to the towns people. It took less than one day and the towns folk tried to string him up, YAY!) I know we can't lynch the station owners profiteering from Harvey, but it ain't such a bad idea to punish them some way for preying on folks during a disaster...

P.S. Looters should be shot. No threats of "punishment to the full extent of the law BS" just shoot them...
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Well here the stations that went way up are not American owned and don't have fuel customers. Maybe that's enough. It's supposed to work that way. No law needed.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

We do have price gouging laws in Texas

From Attorney General Ken Paxton: "If Texans in affected countries believe they have been scammed or encountered price gouging during or after Hurricane Harvey, they should call the Office of the Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Hotline toll-free at (800) 621-0508 or email consumeremergency@oag.texas.gov."

The fines are $20K an occurrence and if it was perpetuated against an individual 65 or old, $250K an occurrence.
Michael

Return to “Topic Bucket”