Harvey!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Harvey!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Check this out. Coordinates of Harvey are 600' from my house (blue flag). It's been sitting here for a couple hours now. Steady winds are reported at 75 mph with gusts to 100. We are doing great and still have electricity.

Michael
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Harvey!

Post by larryw »

And you still have a house left ?????? WOW!!!!
Sure glad your Ok.
As of a few minutes ago, Dan's family in Sugarland are good, so far ?
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

larryw wrote:And you still have a house left ?????? WOW!!!!
Sure glad your Ok.
As of a few minutes ago, Dan's family in Sugarland are good, so far ?
My home was built in 1935, and they built it right. I rebuilt it in 2005, with this type of weather in mind. I don't like leaving, you run into too many problems on the way and when you return. That would be different if I lived in a rising water area, but I chose this ranch with that thought in mind as well.
Michael
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by RBHarter »

Glad to hear you made it through .......mostly through dry !
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Wondered about how you were doing, Mike. Good to hear it's still ok for you. My son/DIL in Sugarland are ok as well as another buddy W of Houston. Hope all of you don't get washed away in the next couple of days. Or tornadoes... Be careful!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Just hung up the phone with my daughter in Sugar Land. Her house is near a bayou that is 2 feet from overflowing but down a foot from last night. It drain into Oyster Creek also by her home.. She says 12" more is expected today. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Here is a youtube vid of a park very near her home where my grandkids play pokemon.
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
oscarflytyer

Post by oscarflytyer »

Son in Sugarlamd siad it got dicey last night for him, but still ok. Hope everyone there hangs on. It is supposed to rain at least thru thursday...
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Hey there, Michael aka Ranch Dog -

I seemed to have focused most of my "Harvey" talk far as your area in Texas goes onto your companion Rossi Rifles site.

So, here I came a little late to the party - but anyway, I was just concerned that your place might be getting pounded with more rain and wind, Michael.

How's it going as of 6:00PM/1800 HRS EST? I really hope that your higher ground makes things good for you. Also hope you aren't isolated or without power for long, if that occurs.

I was talking about this with my folks this morning, they have friends in the Houston area and we all think that this is going to be way worse than it was in Katrina/New Orleans a dozen years ago. As far as displaced families and flood damage is concerned.

RD, is your ranch well stocked and GTG for back-up power with fuel/gennies/and so forth? The last year I was still in the Virginia State Guard, my unit was "stand-by" activated for hurricane deployment for Hurricane Ike that slammed Texas. However, we were all gassed up and loaded for the C-130 in West Virginia but ended up being called off.

At 54, and almost ten years off reserve guard duty, my mind still goes to the "to-do-list" for my bug-out stuff and protocol.

You never forget that training.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Fyodor

Post by Fyodor »

Which cat was the wind at your place?
21192145_1654237621261469_2966589237101209618_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

My SIL/daughter and 3 grandkids are evacuating their home right now, it's 0415 in their area Sugar Land. Yesterday they were confident they might be ok so they took in 3 other families who were inundated. They with the help of those families have been moving as some of the more valuable possession upstairs in their house. That makes them "lucky".

Also they loaded some of their years s supply of food stores into their cars and those who have been sheltering with them. Thank God they were preppers. 
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Topic Bucket”