No optics/sights forum ? Weaver K4

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

No optics/sights forum ? Weaver K4

Post by RBHarter »

I guess I didn't notice before ....... Maybe I just didn't have anything to put in it before .

I'll preface this with " lm a criminal , but the guy excepted the offer and shipped on his dime " so I guess that makes it less not ok .

I've had several over the years and let a couple go not having any clue what true gems they would become in time . I bet you wish your retirement plan included a couple of crates of Mosins ...... I have 2 post and fine wire models on hand and I will be the first to admit that there have been major leaps in coatings , even in cheap glass . But I like the shape and I like steel one piece tubes and they just look right on an old 98' .

I was reading another forum and a guy mentioned that he had a 722 and he was getting rid of the old K4 for some new wiz bang wonder scope . So I swooped in like a peregrine on a pigeon , they want like $150 for the nice examples at the shows and $70-80 for " been through the war " examples . He sent a couple of pictures and it was clear that it was an El Paso and not a post n wire and said $75 sounded good to him .

I took it out of the box this morning . OMG , OMG, OMG!!!!!! The brass black is still all on the the lens rings the bluing is .......well the only thing that doesn't look like I took it out of the factory box is the adjustment caps .
While it isn't by any measure an explosion of color and light this is without a doubt the best example I've had since I gave away that Chilean Mauser about 30 yr ago .

It is clear and it is sharp and @ $75 shipped it a 1/3-1/4 of the cost of any new 1 piece tube fixed 4-6x and I have a drop dead gorgeous 95' in 257 Roberts that will make it a perfect home . +guns +guns
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: No optics/sights forum ? Weaver K4

Post by Ranch Dog »

No, no scope forum as the focus is on Lee stuff. I do feel your love of the Weaver K4. Heck, growing up in Texas I did not own a Weaver. Of course with the sale of the Company, that changed. No doubt the K4 & K6 ruled South Texas. The Weaver family's "Scope" ranch is just west of me, and I've hunted it.

The Weaver Classic K4 Scout brought me back to the product line; I love the scope. I wish they would update the K4 to be as compact as there are not many compact 4X scopes available. Manufacturers that have them tend to have Mil-Dot reticle. I spoke with Weaver about this, and they said they had been considering updating the K4 to be identical in size as the Scout.

My 1949 Rem 722, a 300 Sav came with a period K4.
Michael
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Pics please Rich!
And this is fine on "Topic Bucket"....LOL

Hey, glomming on pics of your vintage Weaver scope would keep Michael occupied as he deals with ex-hurricane Harvey!

Take care and good deal!

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by RBHarter »

I think it still looks pretty good .
IMG_20170827_184635118.jpg
IMG_20170827_184805673.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, looks very pretty.

I got a great deal on a new Weaver Kaspa 1-4x24 on eBay this morning. I've been wanting to try the scope but not spend the near $200 to do so.
weaver_849400.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Poppop
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Poppop »

Have a fairly new K-4 on my Marlin 30-30. Great scope but I should have gotten the K-6 because of my eyes for shooting 100 yds +. It'll be cheaper to make the red bullseye larger. Still a great scope
If all else fails--look for the obvious
MAGA

Return to “Topic Bucket”