Can't reload!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mr surveyor
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Can't reload!

Post by mr surveyor »

RBHarter wrote:I have a 86' Nissan king cab 2x . I averaged 76 mph from Fallon NV to Kingman Az 550 miles 27 mpg . That doesn't make record books but it ain't bad milage and it's great time with 8 slow me down towns .

In 1983 I started buying Nissan p/u's for my work trucks .... all either King Cab or the later offered 4 door in 4x4, except for a small cab 2wd with the 147 hp 4 cylinder. The 4x4's very rarely got over 20 mpg on the highway and the 98 model 2wd could get 23-24 on the interstate occasionally. Most of my 4x4's tend to average 17 mpg for average work related driving, and as low as 15 mpg when used in the field (off road pastures/trails) quite a bit. It's amazing how much the mpg differs on the 4x4 as compared to the 2wd until you consider the gear ratio and all the extra junk the 4x4 is turning ... even if you rarely use the 4x4 option. I'm still using a 2003 4 door 4x4 for my main survey truck. And even though it's cost me $800-1200 per year to patch up every year for the last 4 years it's still doing every thing a new one would do on my day to day jobs. I'm scared to even think about pricing a new one.

jd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's just some things best left unsaid on the internetsuperhighway.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

I can't find the pic but I have a shot of my Sierra at 115. I've taken the Yukon Denali to 127. :)
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Found it. She's got more in her for sure but I didn't have enough room and I can't get the fear of a u-joint or tire failure out of my head. The Yukon's 6.0 has noticeably more power but it gets a little light in the front end at over 120.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
GRV01
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by GRV01 »

So took a trip to my new happy place, Sportsmen Warehouse in Tucson. My first time to any of their stores, found Trail Boss and IMR 4227 among,many others. Bought the 4227 as ive still got plenty of HP38. Reloading tomorrow *rubs hands*
GasGuzzler wrote:I can't find the pic but I have a shot of my Sierra at 115. I've taken the Yukon Denali to 127. :)
Whoa, whered you manage that?!
No thin chicks
Currently reloading .357 Magnum and .38 Special
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

About 2 miles west of St Jo Texas on US82.

Return to “Topic Bucket”