Post Count vs Information

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post Count vs Information

Post by daboone »

Sitting here and not being able to pursue my passion has force me to do a lot of website reading. So much is posted and so little of value is shared.

I've visited several reloading sites, post on a few and active on this and one other. The reason I like this and the other site is the informative information discussions. On several sites there are threads about, for instance, "How Many Presses DO You Own". These types of threads go on for pages listing nothing but numbers and types. Now, I ask, how does this help anyone but merely add to their post count? Is it just me being grumpy and ornery that find this irritating? In my grumpy opinion it would be more beneficial if each person explained the value and benefit of their choice(s). Even if one doesn't have anything to compare their press, tool, or gadget, whatever they could share their likes, dislikes, opinions as the the results about the tool mentioned. So much bashing and so many accolades are attributed to tools without any explanation.

I've never been interested in topic like "what reloading did you do today". However I have found on this site that similar topics do contain pertinent info for specific reloads or component logic.

I hope anyone reading this understands I'm not bashing but hoping to improve this quality of our endeavors.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Post Count vs Information

Post by Ranch Dog »

Thank you, I think you have made some very good points.
Michael
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Old Scribe »

I've observed the same things and have lost interest in those sites.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter

Post by farmerjim »

I love the posts where people post pictures that show what they have done with their gun or reloading equipment. The ones showing a successful hunt are especially good.

daboone, I have had several friends that only had one eye. They learned to get their depth perception by moving their head side to side. The brain calculates it by how much the eye moves to stay on the target. One was a fellow grain inspector, he survived D day when the glider he was in crashed into a tree. Lost his eye back here in a car accident. It takes good eyesight to inspect grain.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by GasGuzzler »

Big forums suffer the most. Right now the Marlin forum likely has 26 NFL topics about kneeling, 17 about Las Vegas, and several %@*&$ about Hellery.

There's a reason I don't watch the news.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
akuser47
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by akuser47 »

I agree most of the smaller and large forums have senseless threads. As much as I hate to admit it though. I am guilty of starting a few myself. :oops:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

akuser47 wrote:I agree most of the smaller and large forums have senseless threads. As much as I hate to admit it though. I am guilty of starting a few myself. :oops:

First I want to say to everyone I really appreciate that my "venting" was excepted as positive.

Second as a follow up to your quote above this site provides us the topic bucket to share stuff like this and to ramble. I pity the handloader that doesn't get so positively excited he just doesn't want to brag about he new gadget, target improvement or his new ....... (bench, tool, hunt, rifle or handgun) Bragging is important for each of us to express and to hear. Reloading provides us the opportunity to feel and share this great experiences.

Finally GasGuzzler and Farmerjim thank you for your comments. I was just informed by the neurologist to stop wearing the eye patch and start exercising the eye muscle. It sure make me dizzy but I'm going to beat this!
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Topic Bucket”