Mail Order Fun

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Mail Order Fun

Post by Macd »

I order a lot of stuff online. One of my favourate suppliers is TradeEx in Ontario. He always gives prompt service and is completely honest and transparent with his descriptions of firearms etc. Last week I ordered some stuff for my Parker Hale Lee Enfield including an after market mag by Pro Mag. The order read "Magazine ENFIELD NO.4 BY PRO MAG" To my surprise I received 4 un-issued No. 4 miltary surplus magazines. When I phoned to report the mix-up I couldn't help but relate my laughter at seeing the error. Hopefully the packer will not get an earful.

I did some checking and the Pro Mag cost me $37. The un-issued originals are going for $80 each. Good thing I am honest eh ;)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Mail Order Fun

Post by Ranch Dog »

Good for you on all counts! I tried the Pro Mag, but the sharp corners and edges are unacceptable. For US buyers, I found new manufacture copies of the spec magazines at Classic Firearms. They are out of stock now, glad I bought three when I did. They were $30/ea.

Still waiting for a back in stock notification on the new 5 round mags from riflemags.co.uk.

Wish I could find a spare magazine for my Gibbs Summit 45-70 Govt.
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Still waiting for a back in stock notification on the new 5 round mags from riflemags.co.uk.
That was my first search. A five round would be great but they seem as scarce as hen's teeth. I will report on my experience with the Pro Mag.

These are the four originals I received today.
LE Magazines.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Go find metal commie AK mags right now that aren't Croatian. The Bakelites are $50 each now.

Mail order eh?

Today I received and installed a new PCB for my three year old washing machine and a warranty replacement 2018 Miken Freak 23 34/26 slow pitch softball bat to replace the 2017 Miken Freak 30 34/26 that lost its knob after about 8K cuts.

Tomorrow my 7.62 upper as well as my super fancy scope will arrive. Oh yeah....my ugly but functional Marlin 75C will be here tomorrow as well.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter

Post by Fyodor »

After I bought my Swiss straight pull rifle, I tried to find the necessary and nice to have accessories. A kind guy from Switzerland said he had one of the red loaders including 6 inert manipulation rounds over, as well as one of the old style cleaning kits. He didn't want anything for that, he just asked me to donate "what it's worth for me" to "something with children".

See what I got:
- the red loader with 6 inert rounds
- period cleaning kit

and, without beeing asked for, he also sent that:
- 14 (!) brown (standard) loaders
- 2 violet (steel core ammy) loaders
- 4 white (blanks) loaders
- 1 muzzle cover
- 1 unused period correct cleaning kit
- 1 unused modern cleaning kit
- 1 rifle sling (hard to find for the long rifles)
- 9 containers of gun grease
- 1 pouch for 4 loaders
- Swiss "soldier's book" (basic training and tactics for the militia man)
- "My gun" book, describing basic shooting rules and maintenance of the K11/K31 rifles

And again, he didn't even ask for shipping.
20171229_201333.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

What a kind gentleman!
Michael
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

That is a very nice story. Definitely a generous soul.

+of I have two Swiss surplus cleaning kits although they are for the automatic rifle. When I got them I was surprised to see grease bottles instead of oil. A bit of research and I found out that the Swiss used grease in their barrels. It must work as my 1934 K31 has an excellent bore and was air gauged to be within spec. I now use this grease for storage of those rifles I do not shoot very often and continue to use it in the K31.

This reference applies.
http://www.swissrifles.com/access/index.html

Return to “Topic Bucket”