Old Guns

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Macd
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Old Guns

Post by Macd »

I have to admit I am enamored with old rifles and handguns. Whether they are old soldiers, hunters or paper punchers I love them all. I try not to change them by refinishing although a little sprucing up doesn't hurt. Some have their own mysterious past. I have a Remington Model 513T that is stamped "Not Made in England" which means it was imported then exported. Just how it found its way to Canada I will never know. I also have a S&W Model 10-5 in 38 special with the 5.5 inch barrel that probably was owned by a police department but I haven't been able to track that down. When I pick up a new rifle or handgun I pick up a tool but when I pick up one of the old ones I pick up a bit of other people's history. When I pick up my old single shot 12 gauge I pick up a piece of my history, memories that I will one day pass on to my son.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Old Guns

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I do know that feeling. We have a small collection of old "warhorses". When I take any one of them out to the range or the field I find myself wonder where they traveled and what they saw. Plus they're just fun to shoot :lol: .

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Old Scribe »

I have some old friends and some that are much newer. I enjoy each group for what it is. But some of the old friends belonged to my grandfather and one was his father's. There are some photos of these two gentlemen also. I'm in my early 70's and hope to pass this on to the next generation.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
oscarflytyer
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by oscarflytyer »

the older I get, the older the guns I get! lol! Oldest original is an 1871 Husqvarna/Rem RB, converted to 45-70, in and of itself, a very old cartridge. Next oldest is prob 1926 Win Mdl 12 16 ga. 1928 Rem Mdl 14 35 Rem. S&W 32-20 HE on the way, maybe '30s... 1903 Springfield. Lottsa '50s vintage. And a LOT of my calibers pre-date 1900! And I have an 1860 Army clone. Calibers include 32 WCF, 30-30, 32 WS, 38-55, 300 Sav, 16 ga's, 44 SPC, 44 WCF, 45 Colts, 30-06/35 Rem... Nothing magnum in my safe with exception of 357 - that danged Mdl 19 4" Smith Blue and Custom Shop trigger were just TOO good to pass up! lol!

Return to “Topic Bucket”