Tractor Time

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Tractor Time

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've been catching up on a bunch of other projects, mainly checking the irrigation on my food plots and mast trees. I've had a few hours each day but I've been having a hard time trying to get back on to my various reloading projects. I guess I'm just tired. I'm going to try and get back on my 30-30 Ackley Improved project tomorrow.
Michael
farmerjim
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Tractor Time

Post by farmerjim »

Ranch Dog wrote:
farmerjim wrote:Nice Tractor. Isn't it nice that Kabota gold plates all of their parts. I have a little 3410 for yard work. $1K for a steering cylinder, and 2 weeks later $ 125 for a 4 foot metric hydraulic hose. If it had been english, the local NAPA could have fixed it.
So far I've not had any components fail. I don't put a lot of time on them, my 8540 is seven years old with 1400 hours. How many hours were on that cylinder?

I've owned a Massey Furguson and Zetor, so far the Kubota is the best. The Zetor had several features that I liked; a castoring seat, air compressor, rear fender remotes, and others that are not possible with the Kubota. The Kubota is smaller, by a big margin, and 2K lbs lighter with the same HP which works well for me. The Zetor had component availability issues and a weak dealer network.
Kubota tractors are great work horses. It's just that when they do break the parts are expensive. I have 2 Ford 5000's, and the parts are cheep compared to Kabota.
You sure are doing great with those dogs. I have seen several dogs around here that have been bitten by water moccasins or rattlers, and all have survived after a couple of sick days off.

Return to “Topic Bucket”