epiphany

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

epiphany

Post by horseman »

This is a topic with little to no value to most. I finally came to the conclusion that anyone who has ANY animals of size, or any flavor, is pretty much a prisoner at home.... :( may as well have a lojack....
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: epiphany

Post by daboone »

Not my dog. I fly a lot because my daughter is a flight attendant. VA gave me a letter saying he an emotional support animal so he flies for free. The real question is who emotionally support who? :roll:
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

daboone wrote:Not my dog. I fly a lot because my daughter is a flight attendant. VA gave me a letter saying he an emotional support animal so he flies for free. The real question is who emotionally support who? :roll:

My dog Ozzie is 106 lbs of Golden Retriever, think the VA will give me a letter for him??? Not sure of the emotional support part though.... :D come guys, I'm bored today, not feelin' well.
Fyodor
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Fyodor »

We have two indoor cats, and that sometimes is a problem. When you leave for more than two days, you are dependent on someone else.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, often misattributed to Voltaire

I think I'm thinking, therefore I may possibly be.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

It would take me several minutes to try and recall the last time I slept somewhere other than my bed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hell, I taught mine to drive. That does start a whole new set of problems!

You might look around to see if you can find a sitter. I just went on a 10-day vacation and through my vet, I found a young lady who takes care of any type of critter. She works at the vet as an aid. She will keep dogs at her place, in large kennels, or at their home. Comes out three times a day and walks them each visit. $15 a dog. She takes care of horses, just about anything that depends on human contact.

It was my first time away from my dogs after six months, the departure was hard on me, but the separation was good for them. In the week I've been home now they don't seem to be taking me for granted like they had been. Hanging tight to me around the house and pastures. The gal didn't just walk them but worked with them and they gained a bit more discipline.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

LOL RD mine drives too..... drives me crazy. When I return from the grocery store he act like I've been gone for years. I'm sure he has called the SPCA to report abandonment. I can't even go to the bathroom with out supervision. On the other side of his disposition he really does listen to my commands and answers 95% of all my questions about life, especially the one that evolve walks and food. :roll:

An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

He's a handsome little fellow daboone!
Michael
orerancher
Supporter
Supporter

Post by orerancher »

I think there is about 15min. a Year, between Turn out and the start of Hayin that the Cows are not runnin My
Life...
horseman
Supporter
Supporter

Post by horseman »

orerancher wrote:I think there is about 15min. a Year, between Turn out and the start of Hayin that the Cows are not runnin My Life...

Sounds like a dairy farm to me. We had a couple of those in the family back in the day, like, 50-60 years ago. A lot of work. That was in Hood River Oregon, where bouts' you located orerancher? We always had a couple milk cows when I was growin' up, folks tell me I should get a couple now, I tell em' nope, my forearms are big enough the way they are.

RD I don't know of anyone around here that does that sort of thing. I have friends that tell me they'll be glad to come feed for me for a few days but I have trouble asking them to do that. I live a ways outa town and coming out twice a day to feed the dogs, cats, and horses, to me, is a bit to ask, even of a friend.But that's just me, so Cathy and I rarely ever go away together for any length of time, but that's o.k. we like it here. (Still thinking about that condo on a golf course though :D )

Did have one of Cat's nieces from Portland, Ore. come up a couple years ago to house sit and take care of things while we went horse packing up in the Eagle Cap Wilderness area. When we got back home she told us "it sure is spooky up here at night, really dark and quiet, I left all the lights on at night and turned on the radio". She never volunteered for that again... :lol:

Return to “Topic Bucket”