Target camera?

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
mikld
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Target camera?

Post by mikld »

Jes thinkin' again. Does anyone know of a camera, remote battery powered, affordable camera that can be used for shooting? Possible to set up near the target and see the image/picture in real time, on my phone? I did some research for "remote cameras" but didn't find much suitable...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Target camera?

Post by Ranch Dog »

I have Caldwell's, bought it on sale. Well worth it.
Michael
mikld

Post by mikld »

That looks like a nice set up, but it would be a major strain on my budget right now. I was looking for a way to eliminate walking from my shooting bench to the target holder because of the rough ground and my !#@&*!$! knee...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

mikld wrote:That looks like a nice set up, but it would be a major strain on my budget right now. I was looking for a way to eliminate walking from my shooting bench to the target holder because of the rough ground and my !#@&*!$! knee...
I went through the same searching and it came down to not so much the camera but how you get the image back to the bench over the various distances.
Michael
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by Et2ss »

I started making one myself. We rent out space in my building to a wireless internet company. When they were going through and upgrading a bunch of their towers and clients, I had the one tech match up a pair of transmitters/receivers and their reflector arrays. I had been sitting on it for years. Figured by the time I got the cameras, inverters, and batteries to run them, it was more set up than it's worth to me. I finally passed those on to a coworker so he could beam internet out to his picnic pavilion at the pond, out at his house.

Now I just shoot at steel long range, I get audible feedback, and it's easy to see hits on fresh paint with the spotting scope that I have
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Et2ss wrote:Now I just shoot at steel long range, I get audible feedback, and it's easy to see hits on fresh paint with the spotting scope that I have
It actually came down to this point for me, the cost of a new spotting scope or the Caldwells, a sale put the camera below the cost of the scope.
Michael
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Et2ss wrote:Now I just shoot at steel long range, I get audible feedback, and it's easy to see hits on fresh paint with the spotting scope that I have
It actually came down to this point for me, the cost of a new spotting scope or the Caldwells, a sale put the camera below the cost of the scope.

I just looked those up (Caldwell target camera) THOSE ARE REALLY COOL !!! I wasn't aware things like that were even out there. :oops: ...I need to get out more often..you're right RD, at just over 300 bucks right now that's just about what I spent on my spotting scope and that was several (like over ten) years ago. Hmmmm..
Et2ss
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter

Post by Et2ss »

I like the camera system, but with my luck, I'd probably pop it on my first outing with it :lol:
horseman
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by horseman »

Just opened all my presents, was looking for one of those "Caldwell Shooting cameras, nope...underwear... :D
mikld

Post by mikld »

I've seen small cameras that work with Bluetooth to a phone (sorta like the doorbell cameras that you can monitor from your phone). I was thinking something like that might work, but I can't find much... :cry:

Return to “Topic Bucket”