No Reloading for 3+ Years

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
GRV01
My Press Choice: Hand Press

No Reloading for 3+ Years

Post by GRV01 »

Well, im in reloading jail. Good reasons though: i finally got my wish and ive returned to active duty with the Navy! Ive got orders to a ship that will be in Japan for atleast the next 3 years and after that, well, we'll see whats in store for me.

As happy as i am for this turn of events amd being back in the service i never shouldve left in the first place (if id stayed id only need 5 years to retire instead of 12+) this also means i dont know if reloading will be a hobby i can stick with for now. First, who knows which states ill be assigned to, and while reloading and shooting in Virginia may not be an issue, California or Washington may be. Further, theres strict rules preventing me shipping my household goods on the Navys dime with hazmat such as powders or primers. Technically i cant even move my own goods if im carrying those things, and sure, whos to know, but still. Nevermind that moving myself from Norfolk to Bremerton or Lemoore just to bring my powders wouldnt be too smart.

At a glance, my tenative idea is to (once i get back stateside mind you) is to get a nice progressive like a LABLP and reload a pound of powder at a time so as to change a stock of hazmat into a stock of ammo as quickly as possible, as the Navy will move ammo with few (well, fewer) issues

We'll just have to see!
No thin chicks
Currently reloading .357 Magnum and .38 Special
RBHarter
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: No Reloading for 3+ Years

Post by RBHarter »

Congratulations !

Yeah don't take your guns to the west coast . Washington and California have registration laws that criminalize your room mate carrying one of yours to the car . California now requires or soon will a background check on ammo and has penalties for import to the state not through a dealer . Nevada is also in trouble in that regard as it now has a full anti everything fun without extra taxes and knowing your business lawakers .

My first sister inlaw spent 6-8 years in Sesebo and Pusan (SP) while she was in . She really enjoyed it but she loved the USN so much that after her retirement she want into the exact same supply job only on the other side of the counter .
Just a Red neck,White boy, Blue blood American.....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yes, congratulations! I'm glad to hear you are back in!
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Once a squid alway a squid! I was a Quartermaster and loved my job. Sailed on the New Jersey, John F Kennedy and the Jonas Ingram.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Macd
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Macd »

Miss my shipmates but not sea routine. Never seemed to get enough sleep. Congrats on rejoining.
Old Scribe
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Old Scribe »

Congrats on re-upping! I miss being at sea and some of my shipmates. Spent a lot of time in the Orient while in the Coast Guard. I really enjoyed the times we were in Japan.
"Well here's another nice mess you've gotten me into." Oliver Hardy
buckeye43210
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by buckeye43210 »

Yes, congratulations. I had a 10-year break in service but managed to finish out my 20 and then some.

Return to “Topic Bucket”