my first "big" Midway order...don't laugh!

Topics not related to the forum categories.
Forum rules
Keep it civil and mind the rules! Absolutely no ranting!
Jeff H
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: my first "big" Midway order...don't laugh!

Post by Jeff H »

Bigger than any order I've made in a long time.

I've always gotten a bigger kick out of keeping it skinny on the bench and seeing how much I could do with how little. Recently, it just about killed me to buy primer pocket uniformers because now I have another two itty, bitty tools to keep track of and another step to complicate matters. Probably should have replaced the brass.

The caliber choice is a versatile one, especially when you throw cast into the mix. I know - more tools.
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

mr surveyor wrote:Adam,
You probably already have some or all of these things on hand, but I'll still mention a few ....

Kinetic Bullet Puller - check!
Caliper - check!
Electronic Scale (my preference accompanied by Lee dippers) - check!
Chamfer/Deburr tool (for the brass) - check!
.... and unlimited number of other "must have" gadgets. - check, check!

Again, I don't know whether or not you've considered it, but since you're going the Breech Lock direction you really need a Breech Lock bushing for every single die, already installed and set. That reduces the time needed for die changes to just a few seconds and almost eliminates the normal die adjustment needs in most cases. - that's something I was thinking about - I will see how things go, appreciate the tip!
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
alphalimafoxtrot
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Lee Loader

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

UPDATE: 11.1.2019

The Midway box of goodness was waiting patiently for me on the doorstep yesterday afternoon. It was a pleasant surprise to discover, after a particularly trying day at work.

Managing a 5-year old with pronounced autism in a general education kindergarten classroom is a full-contact, all hands on deck sport! Phew. Yeah, I am a DI this year on "special assignment" in kindergarten. I am having fun though - it's been about 17 years since I taught in the Kinder age.

Back to the Midway shopping spree - LOL

So, this weekend if I am very lucky I may find time to assemble my press and try out the dies on a pile of .357 cases I've been meaning to finish. Going to get those pistol/carbine rounds done up before I get around to my .35 Rem cases. I've put off my oil change and tire rotation a week, so that is my only juggle I believe. Anyways I wanted to talk about something other than my special needs high maintenance student for a change - he is a daily challenge and it's been about 45 school days of adventure thus far, not that I'm counting the days or anything! :roll: :roll:

be well
Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Press on Adam

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
larryw
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by larryw »

Onward & upward my friend..
A day late & A dollar short? Story of my life +guns

Return to “Topic Bucket”