Labeling Auto Drum

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Re: Labeling Auto Drum

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I have a Brother P-touch that is strictly a computer driven printer, no key board. It will use a variety of size and color tapes. Best thing about it is that I've had it since Windows ME and brother has kept the drivers up to date through 10.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Ok just ordered the the EZ Casio for 12 bucks free shipping. Thanks for the suggestion.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

Ranch Dog wrote:If a label is coming loose and you want it to be permanent, 3M Decal Glue solves the issue. A small tube is cheap at any auto parts store.
Is this a common problem? I'm hoping just a little surface prep with a alcohol wipe would be sufficient prepping prior to their application.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

The Casio EZ Label Printer came in today. Thanks for the info and ideas. The tape it came with was black on clear and it's OK but I ordered some black on white to make it easier to read. It took some time to figure out how to peal off the label from the backing, old fumble fingers finds it difficult to do.

I've already labeled the Auto Disks with "ON" and "OFF" and it looks so much better than permanent marker. Next the Auto drum and several organizational bins.

The batteries are holding up so far but you mentioned a power cord? Where did you get it for your unit or maybe I should ask what kind of transformer did you get to replace the batteries?

GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Good question. I'm always hoarding plugs to steal transformers from for my crazy gadgets.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

daboone wrote:The batteries are holding up so far but you mentioned a power cord? Where did you get it for your unit or maybe I should ask what kind of transformer did you get to replace the batteries?
I googled "Casio MYMODELNUMBER 115V adapter" and a bunch came up, most on eBay or Amazon. Use the model number of your unit. If you have any on hand, it is pretty easy to find out if they are going to work. None of mine did.
daboone wrote:
Ranch Dog wrote:If a label is coming loose and you want it to be permanent, 3M Decal Glue solves the issue. A small tube is cheap at any auto parts store.
Is this a common problem? I'm hoping just a little surface prep with an alcohol wipe would be sufficient prepping prior to their application.
It hasn't been. On labels that have high hand contact, I always place a length of clear Scotch tape over them. I'm just not sure what the wear will be like with the drums because of the angles and the material.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by daboone »

I sorry if I'm being a bit obsessive but I'm home bound till tomorrow, Dr. orders. In the meantime I'm on a labeling binge. :twisted:

How did GarlyDog get his labeled Auto disk to line up like this? I can only get one label or the other to line up with the either the on or the off but not both.

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”