Auto Drum Setup

Auto Disk, Pro Auto Disk, and Auto Drum Powder Measures along with their associated charge bar, disks, and drums.
DocHolliday
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: Auto Drum Setup

Post by DocHolliday »

I had the same issue last night. A 1/4 turn to loosen the drum and it was back to specs. Still no leakage.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

It's not leaking, it won't return all the way home on up-stroke.

Calling Lee now.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:It's not leaking, it won't return all the way home on up-stroke.

Calling Lee now.
To much tension on the drum?

I've bought an Auto Drum Wrench from Titan. It sure has helped me to be more consistent with tension on the drum as the knob is pretty small for my fingers.
Michael
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by GasGuzzler »

Nope. Doesn't matter how loose it is. Lee said it was normal and only half of the drum inlet should be visible with the hopper off. Funny how it returns home every time off the press when manually actuated with no powder. Oh well....At least I have reference marks to make sure it hitting the same spots each time.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.
DocHolliday

Post by DocHolliday »

“It's not leaking, it won't return all the way home on up-stroke.”

That was the same problem I was having. It would not return. A slight loosening of the screw cured the problem in my case.
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter
My Press Choice: Hand Press

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:
EdgeOfEden wrote:Actually they have in the new Lee Deluxe powder measure. It uses drums.
I will have to investigate. All the talk I'd been aware of with the drums was on the auto version.

Make smoke,
UPDATE: Ordered the PM and set of 4 drums and the finger wrench at about 0930 EST had a message that order has shipped about 1210. Titan by the way.

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I wonder if Motor Mica would work as well as graphite. I have Gunslick that is a graphite grease that should do the gears but no powdered graphite. I've had this can of Motor Mica since 1970 when I started loading bottle necks to lube the inside of the neck. My estate will probably have most of the can when the time comes :D .

Make smoke,
Curt.......makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time +guns +guns
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:I wonder if Motor Mica would work as well as graphite. I have Gunslick that is a graphite grease that should do the gears but no powdered graphite. I've had this can of Motor Mica since 1970 when I started loading bottle necks to lube the inside of the neck. My estate will probably have most of the can when the time comes :D .
I have powdered mica that I use like powdered graphite. The powdered graphite is for farm use. It is used to coat seed prior to running them through the meters in a seeder. Keep the friction down and prevents the overheating of the meters in our hot weather.

The good thing about mica is that it doesn't leave your hands fingers and hands black like the graphite. I use the FrankFord Arsenal Mica. Look at the material, it is motor mica. I bought mine about 20 years ago when it was offered in a one lb jug. I need to start using it over my graphite, save that for my seeds.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Well, my Deluxe PM and a set of 4 drums arrived yesterday and after a day that started at 0315 and a drive to Toledo for a dog event that started at 8 I was just too whipped to do anything but unpack and make sure it made the trip okay. Very pleased with Titan and their service, I ordered it around 9:30 Wednesday morning and it was on the way that afternoon. Not so pleased with the USPS 2 day priority. I was using the tracker and it arrived in Cincinnati early Thursday afternoon and I figured good it'll be here tomorrow, NOPE. For reasons known only to usps it left Cincy and next appeared in Nasuha, NH early Friday morning, left there a bit later and got to Columbus late afternoon Friday. Finally got delivered yesterday about mid-morning. Certainly well traveled!

Like what I see so far and maybe I'll get some powder in it later today.

Make smoke.
EdgeOfEden

Post by EdgeOfEden »

Ohio3Wheels, I bought one, but have not had the occasion to use it yet. So many things I want to do and so little spare time to squeeze it all in. C'est la vie. If it works as well as my Auto Drums though, I'll be very pleased. I look forward to hearing your own experience with the Deluxe Perfect Powder Measure. :)

Return to “Automatic Powder Measures”