Lee Classic Powder Measure

Large rifle case volumetric powder charging using the time tested Perfect Powder Measure and the new Classic Powder Measure.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Classic Powder Measure

Post by daboone »

Joisey wrote:The Classic Powder measure that I ordered arrived this morning in a sealed box. I think they went a bit cheap on the crank handle plate.
Interesting, mine is heavy duty compared to the PPMs I have.

Edited to add. It looks almost like the the flat PPM's but is a heaver gauge. The photo on Lee's site appears to show a very different handle. All I can say is my Classic PM really is a perfect PM. I'm not going to stop using the PPMs, there perfect too. It's just that the Classic and the Deluxe are much easier to set and read for my old working eye.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Joisey
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Joisey »

daboone wrote:
Joisey wrote:The Classic Powder measure that I ordered arrived this morning in a sealed box. I think they went a bit cheap on the crank handle plate.
Interesting, mine is heavy duty compared to the PPMs I have.

Edited to add. It looks almost like the the flat PPM's but is a heaver gauge. The photo on Lee's site appears to show a very different handle. All I can say is my Classic PM really is a perfect PM. I'm not going to stop using the PPMs, there perfect too. It's just that the Classic and the Deluxe are much easier to set and read for my old working eye.
Not the handle, the flat plate that the handle mounts to is flimsy. They could have made it like their Deluxe Perfect Powder measure. The Lee Perfect Powder measure appears to use the same flat plate.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Picture please...
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

This is the newer Deluxe:

This is the Classic. Basicly it's the same as the PPM's but mine is a little thicker stamped metal.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've been very happy with my Deluxe. I tend to let go, kicking and screaming, from my old Lee stuff, but it only took me a couple minutes to fall in love with the Deluxe PPM.
Michael

Return to “Bench/Stand Mounted Powder Measures”