Lee Classic Powder Measure

Large rifle case volumetric powder charging using the time tested Perfect Powder Measure and the new Classic Powder Measure.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee Classic Powder Measure

Post by daboone »

Yup those drums are interchangeable. The best advantage of the quick change drums over the stock auto disk for the auto dick measures is the ability to tweak/adjust volumes of those drums.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
DaveInGA
250 Shots
250 Shots
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by DaveInGA »

daboone wrote:Yup those drums are interchangeable. The best advantage of the quick change drums over the stock auto disk for the auto dick measures is the ability to tweak/adjust volumes of those drums.
Do you think the case activation mechanism can be moved over to the new Classic measure?
Maximumbob54
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Turret

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I won't swear to it but I'm thinking the answer is no. The housing seems to outwardly look similar but inside should be very different. The Classic is threaded at the bottom while the Auto is made to attach to the expander die to function.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Post by daboone »

Nope that's not going to happen. The Classic PM is basically a revamped PPM. The Classic like the PPM can be adapted to press mounting but the handle has to be hand operated.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.

Return to “Bench/Stand Mounted Powder Measures”