"New" PPM

Large rifle case volumetric powder charging using the time tested Perfect Powder Measure and the new Classic Powder Measure.
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: "New" PPM

Post by daboone »

I've seen a lot of threads for small toy vibrators, aquarium pumps motors, etc for rattling PM hoppers. I even bought one from Amazon. Mini Vibration Motor for DIY Toys I don't see the one I got listed but it works with a D cell battery. I never added it as it was to bulky and didn't look like it would fit well on my LCT or my progressive. The other reason is most of my pistol powder except Unique are ball type powders and meter with excellent consistency. I have no problems metering most flake powders with 3 of my PMs.

My answer to inconsistent metering was to find powders that do meter consistently and give me the performance I require with the powder measures I have. I must have 15 different kinds of powder on my in my closet. Some get used, some are taking up space.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
Steve
Founding Member & Supporter
Founding Member & Supporter
My Press Choice: Progressive

Re: "New" PPM

Post by Steve »

I have one "Pro Auto-Disk Powder Measure" left that I should use for a pistol load. Used to use it for 380 Auto, then I discovered just how good the Hornady measure mounted on the "Hornady quick change powder die". 1 thumb screw and 1 spring, put it on the next turret with a quick change die already mounted. Set the micrometer powder dial. Start Loading.

It cost about 30 dollars for a "Hornady quick change powder die" per turret if you use the same measure.

I use a separate flaring die, so the powder measure just measures (No flaring). This allows me to set the measure so it does not reach the end of travel when it is measuring the powder, this avoids an annoying clack sound when the measure reaches the end of travel. I put a rubber shock made from a tie wrap at the other end of travel to avoid the same sound when the measure reaches the at rest position.

Return to “Bench/Stand Mounted Powder Measures”