PPM Lee Easy Fix

Large rifle case volumetric powder charging using the time tested Perfect Powder Measure and the new Classic Powder Measure.
motard
My Press Choice: Single Stage

PPM Lee Easy Fix

Post by motard »

47050.Jpg
I just bought one to reload 308 win. Was too in a hurry and too lazy to dismantle for the cleaning & lapping process as indicated by Ranch Dog, so decided took the short way puring in some graphite powder and working it out. Wìth granular powder dropping was consistent, with the famed Vihtavuori (sticky) N160 achieved viariation from + or - 0,2 gr.Probably I'll need to dismantle soon or later, or just wait for self lapping process, but I thought that part of the inconsiestense would be due to the fact that the hopper (at leas in myne) did seems to slide from open to close position with the lightest sollicitation. So the passin hole could be partially closed or opened affecting the voulme. A common seal gasked slided under the screw that holds the opper to the naylons soket cured the issue. Byt tighiting it the more or the less it's easy to increase the friction. Hope pics will help understanding
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motard

Re: PPM Lee Easy Fix

Post by motard »

pic n.2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motard

Post by motard »

end, you can see the gasked 8lighter red) at the base of the hopper. Works well
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeah, great solution!
Michael
motard

Post by motard »

At least less wobbling, and more steady feel:)

Return to “Bench/Stand Mounted Powder Measures”