Lee's Website Not Listing All Parts But...

All Lee Precision and aftermarket press accessories parts.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin
My Press Choice: Progressive

Lee's Website Not Listing All Parts But...

Post by Ranch Dog »

They are still available via phone contact. When you look at the online parts of any given die set in the past, there was pages of the individual parts that you could order online. I thought perhaps online die parts were no longer available and I intended that to be the subject of this topic but I also thought I should check by calling Lee before I post.

Here is what I'm talking about, the bigger stuff like die bodies listed on the die instruction set parts list (outlined in red).
die_parts.jpg
It has always been nice to be able to buy these parts, you never really know when you will need them and for what reason. In my case, I have both the 375 Win & 38-55 Win rifles and dies. I've started using Starline's long (2.125") 38-55 Win brass in my 375 Win with my TLC379-235-RF cast bullet. That cartridge has an enormous amount of freebore cut into the chamber and short brass, an effort to relieve chamber pressure, but that also makes the cartridge a lousy cast bullet shooter. The 375 Win sizing die is too short for the 38-55 Win long brass. Rather than rob my 38-55 Win set of its die, I simply wanted another sizing die and not a whole set of 38-55 Win dies.

I was really glad to hear on the phone that those parts are still available! Thank you Lee!

+guns
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
daboone
Founding Member
Founding Member
My Press Choice: Single Stage

Re: Lee's Website Not Listing All Parts But...

Post by daboone »

Nice heads up. I have spent a lot of time looking for parts on their site. It will be a lot faster to just enter the part's number. Thanks for this tip.

Also a great reminder to look over the spare parts inventory. If this election goes in the wrong direction it will be a good idea to stock up NOW.
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.

When setting a job up for myself it must be Idiot Proof as well, as I am a bigger idiot than most people I know, and I prove it to myself everyday.
GasGuzzler
Moderator & Supporter
Moderator & Supporter
My Press Choice: Turret

Re: Lee's Website Not Listing All Parts But...

Post by GasGuzzler »

daboone wrote:Nice heads up. I have spent a lot of time looking for parts on their site. It will be a lot faster to just enter the part's number. Thanks for this tip.

Also a great reminder to look over the spare parts inventory. If this election goes in the wrong direction it will be a good idea to stock up NOW.
It can't not go wrong given the choices so I've been buying stuff for months.

Great advice RD, not sure I have the complex situation you have that requires custom combos but it is a wake up call.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from goin' insane.

Return to “Press Accessories & Parts”